Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gary Bowyer

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I wonder who'll be there next? Lambert, Pearson, Sherwood, Powell, Moyes.......Poyet........?

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I wonder who'll be there next? Lambert, Pearson, Sherwood, Powell, Moyes.......Poyet........?

Sherwood was captain when Jack Walker bought them the Premier League title, so no doubt he'll be favourite.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
As I posted on another thread, Does Moyes regret leaving Everton, an ideal job for Moyes back home in the N West and a team lacking on the field but with a good squad. The money offered would not need to be a lot due to his previous pay offs.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Depends on the new manager's priorities. They have a team of shite players and Jordan Rhodes, he may want to even things up a bit.

I would think they need about 3 players to become a reasonable Championship side either bought or on loan from local Premier sides. Loans should be easy as there are plenty of better sides in the area and players would not need to move. A couple of defenders and a central midfielder and with Conway and Rhodes their attacking department should be ok. They would climb the division.

We wanted 2 of their player Conway and Marshall.

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Bet they're deluged with applicants. Sherwood must be favourite

If Sherwood applies for that he's an even bigger idiot than I thought he was. FFP embargo with no money, the only asset they have is Rhodes who they will need to sell, parachute payments run out, Venky's lost interest there is nothing to recommend that job to anyone with anything about them...

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
If Sherwood applies for that he's an even bigger idiot than I thought he was. FFP embargo with no money, the only asset they have is Rhodes who they will need to sell, parachute payments run out, Venky's lost interest there is nothing to recommend that job to anyone with anything about them...

But he'll have the fans on his side so starts with a lot of credit. And the embargo is a fantastic excuse if things don't go right. I think it's a great place for him to go: if he gets them up the table, he's a miracle worker; if he doesn't, it was a tough gig

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
But he'll have the fans on his side so starts with a lot of credit. And the embargo is a fantastic excuse if things don't go right. I think it's a great place for him to go: if he gets them up the table, he's a miracle worker; if he doesn't, it was a tough gig

And if he takes them down, he'll have a relegation on his CV, which isn't too good.

File under basket case club, like a few northern clubs at the moment.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
They will not get relegated as they are not far off a reasonable side with the players they have just a matter of getting them organised and playing. They have the biggest needs a goal scorer, provider and decent keeper.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
As I posted on another thread, Does Moyes regret leaving Everton, an ideal job for Moyes back home in the N West and a team lacking on the field but with a good squad. The money offered would not need to be a lot due to his previous pay offs.

I'd be very surprised if David Moyes showed an interest, I would imagine he would welcome a bit of a break, and wait to see if a better opportunity will come along.

I can see an ailing Premier League club being interested in him at some point, and although he has had a tough couple of years, l really do think he could do better then Blackburn. No offence to them!

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
See John Keeley has gone as well, such a shame as I know he showed loyalty to Blackburn when other opportunities came up as he is a decent guy. Hope he gets a job soon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here