Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ollie's predictions [Sky Sports News]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
martin-chris-derby_3366210.jpg
martin-chris-derby_3366210.jpg

Ollie is predicting Derby County to come out on top against Nottingham Forest.

Sky Sports pundit Ian Holloway predicts the outcome of the big Championship fixtures this weekend..
Nottingham Forest v Derby, Sky Sports 1, Friday 7.45
What a massive game this is involving two gigantic clubs. I would usually say form goes out of the window in derby games but Paul Clement's men are flying and are unbeaten in 10 games, winning eight of those. I can see them bagging another victory.
I think they'll do it the hard way though as Dougie Freedman will have his players revved up for this one. I think Forest will get their noses in front early on but Derby will turn it around late on. Should be a cracker!
OLLIE PREDICTS: 1-2 (Sky Bet odds 17/2)
Huddersfield v Leeds, Sky Sports 1, Saturday 12.00
I'm covering this game and I'm really looking forward to it. Both clubs have recently changed their manager. Chris Powell was harshly done by and they've appointed Jurgen Klopp's former assistant, David Wagner, although he doesn't take over until Monday.*Talk about a fashion statement. It's a very on-trend appointment but I think Leeds will build on their win over Cardiff and nick this one.
422.png
183.png

[h=3]Huddsf'ld vs Leeds[/h]
November 7, 2015, 12:00pm
Live on
ss1.gif

Steve Evans hasn't won promotion three times in the Football League for not being able to set up a team defensively and he'll have been working on that religiously on the training ground. Getting two banks of four to be organised is crucial when scrapping for results.
OLLIE PREDICTS: 1-2*(Sky Bet odds 10/1)
Bolton v Bristol City, Saturday 3.00
I say it every week but it's a bit of a mystery why Bolton are struggling as Neil Lennon is a brilliant manager. I heard him talking about a lack of quality within the squad and that's very worrying. They've only scored 10 goals in 15 games this season and I can't see them scoring against Steve Cotterill's side, who are superbly organised.
bristol-city-steve-cotterill-manager_3340791.jpg
bristol-city-steve-cotterill-manager_3340791.jpg

Steve Cotterill has given Bristol City an identity, says Ollie.

They should have beaten Cardiff on Monday a few weeks back and they proved me right in the week by beating Wolves. Steve has given them an identity and they are close to surprising everybody.
OLLIE PREDICTS: 0-2*(Sky Bet odds 11/1)
Brighton v MK Dons, Saturday 3.00
Brighton lost top spot in the week but that won't bother Chris Hughton. His team still have got positive momentum and it's a remarkable achievement that they're still unbeaten after 15 games. They will still be unbeaten come Saturday night too as they'll be hard for MK Dons to break down. They've only conceded 11 goals all season and MK have scored just once in their last four games.*
kazenga-lualua-brighton-v-nottingham-forest_3334366.jpg
kazenga-lualua-brighton-v-nottingham-forest_3334366.jpg

Kazenga Lua Lua of Brighton looks a good shout for the opening goal against MK Dons.

Kazenga Lua Lua has been quiet of late but he can spring into action at anytime, almost literally. He's good for the first goal.
OLLIE PREDICTS: 2-0*(Sky Bet odds 13/2)
Cardiff v Reading, Saturday 3.00
Two teams that will be up there in and around the top six come May and I can't separate them here.
Ut_HKthATH4eww8X4xMDoxOjBzMTt2bJ

Highlights of Reading against Huddersfield in the Sky Bet Championship.

I wouldn't be too worried about Cardiff's form and the fact they've only scored two goals in their last six games - they've got plenty of experience to turn it around. That squad is one of the strongest in the league in terms of quality.
OLLIE PREDICTS: 1-1*(Sky Bet odds 11/2)
Hull v Middlesbrough, Saturday 3.00
This is a game that could grace the Premier League and it could well be a top-flight fixture this time next season.

Highlights of Brentford against Hull City in the Sky Bet Championship.

Any team that finish above these clubs this season will probably win promotion. These massive games are very hard to call and the first goal is going to more crucial than usual. Hull are fantastic at home, have an amazing defensive record and that's why I'm giving them the edge here. They went to the top of the table in midweek and they won't want to relinquish that honour.
OLLIE PREDICTS: 2-1*(Sky Bet odds 9/1)
QPR v Preston, Saturday 3.00
Chris Ramsey didn't deserve the sack but that's football and as a big QPR supporter, having played for them and managed them, I am more than happy with Neil Warnock at the helm at the moment. The Brentford result was probably the tipping point for Chris.*It would have hurt the supporters.*
QCdjB5HwFOTaWQ8X4xMDoxOjBzMTt2bJ
QCdjB5HwFOTaWQ8X4xMDoxOjBzMTt2bJ

Chris Ramsey gives his post-match reaction to QPR's 1-0 defeat to Derby. The Rangers manager has since been replaced by Neil Warnock at Loftus Road.

I trust what Les [Ferdinand, director of football] and Warnock want to do. I know the QPR fans inside out, and this move will have a positive impact on them for this game. Charlie Austin got 90 minutes under his belt on Tuesday night, which was massive for the club. He is vital to this team and I can see him starring in a home win at Loftus Road.
OLLIE PREDICTS: 2-1*(Sky Bet odds 9/1)
Wolves v Burnley, Saturday 3.00
I initially had this as a 3-1 win to Burnley but the Holloway gut has told me to flip that around. Kenny Jackett is a master and will get the club going again. People have to remember that he's had to deal with losing Bakary Sako to Crystal Palace and Nouha Dicko to a long-term injury. If both of them were in this team, then I'm sure Wolves would be competing for the title.
kenny-jackett-v-fulham_3357729.jpg
kenny-jackett-v-fulham_3357729.jpg

Kenny Jackett can get Wolves moving up the table, according to Ollie.

Burnley are as consistent as they come and they haven't lost in six matches. However, they are probably due a defeat soon. It may just come here.*
OLLIE PREDICTS: 3-1*(Sky Bet odds 16/1)

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

More...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here