Hughton hails 'wonderful' record [Sky Sports News]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Last Updated: 07/11/15 8:01pm

chris-hughton-brighton-hughton_3356925.jpg
chris-hughton-brighton-hughton_3356925.jpg

Brighton manager Chris Hughton has overseen a 17 game unbeaten league run

Chris Hughton described Brighton's achievement as "wonderful" after they set a new club record by extending their unbeaten run in the Sky Bet Championship to 17 matches.
The Seagulls remain the only team in England's top five divisions yet to suffer defeat in a league match this term after first-half strikes from Solly March and Jamie Murphy helped them to a 2-1 win over MK Dons.
Nicky Maynard hit a consolation for the visitors midway through the first half but Hughton's side held out for a record-breaking victory.
Ut_HKthATH4eww8X4xMDoxOjBzMTt2bJ
Ut_HKthATH4eww8X4xMDoxOjBzMTt2bJ

Highlights of Brighton's 2-1 win over MK Dons in the Sky Bet Championship.

The former Newcastle boss said: "It's a wonderful achievement for the club, for the players and the staff and something we are all very proud of.
"You only have to look at the Championship and our games this season to see what a tough task it is to go undefeated so long in this division.
"It's nice to do it but now it's about making sure we stay in the area of the league we are in. Our next game will not be about prolonging the record, it will be about winning another match to keep us where we are."
Brighton have won nine matches so far this term, all by a one-goal margin, and Hughton added: "The manner in which we have won games has been impressive.
"We haven't been a team that has swept teams away or won very, very comfortably. We've been a team that has worked very hard for every result and that shows a real lot of character in the team and bodes well.
"As a team, winning in that way makes us feel even more proud. We are going into every game at the moment thinking we can win it and we want to make sure we stay where we are."
MK Dons manager Karl Robinson launched a scathing outburst at referee Dean Whitestone for failing to award what he felt was a "blatant" second-half penalty.
karl-robinson-mk-dons-manager_3327660.jpg
karl-robinson-mk-dons-manager_3327660.jpg

Karl Robinson was furious with the referee's decision not to award his side a 'blatant' penalty

Samir Carruthers was brought down by Lewis Dunk inside the box as the visitors searched for an equaliser and Robinson described it as the worst refereeing decision he has ever seen.
He said: "The referee's decision was terrible. The assistant referee's decision was terrible. He has to accept it and I honestly do not know what he has seen.
"His decision today was as bad as I've seen. For two people to be no more than 20 yards away, one looking down the barrel and one looking across the face of it, how can they get it wrong?
"I am sick to death of managers getting questioned for what we say afterwards when we are constantly reminded of how bad some decisions are. Yet nothing happens.
"I honestly can't see what he has given. He is stood so close to the action, I cannot understand it. If someone was in the way maybe there could be doubt, but that was as blatant as you get.
"Do you want us to be a mute and say nothing? Our players can do no more. It was a horrendous decision."

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

More...

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here