Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] MURPHY DELIGHTED WITH SCORING FORM

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Brighton & Hove Albion winger Jamie Murphy was delighted to find the net against Milton Keynes Dons yesterday as the side extended their unbeaten run to a club record 17 games.Murphy scored what turned out to be the decisive second goal for after 19 minutes to earn the Seagulls a ninth win of the season.
He said, “I feel like I can score goals from anywhere on the pitch. I am trying to beat last season’s goal tally so that’s coming into my head.
“You’ve got to be in the right position to score. If you’re standing outside the box, then the ball is not going to get to you.
“When it falls to you, you’ve got to hit sweetly. It was important to get the win; the draws are good against tough sides away from home, but it was great to win in front of our own fans.”

LATEST NEWS FROM*SEAGULLS.CO.UK

The 26-year-old paid tribute to the club for allowing him to play at a higher level and praised the backing of the fans.“I feel like I’ve been able to play in the Championship, but I’ve never been given the opportunity. It’s thanks to the club for giving me that opportunity.
“Now we’re all looking forward to the challenges ahead, especially in the games at home with the fans behind us. We definitely fancy ourselves.”
The Scotsman also hailed the character of the players in the squad and says everybody is all pulling in the right direction to sustain a promotion challenge.
“Everyone wants to keep working hard, there’s a great spirit in the dressing room and we’re all working together.
“There are obviously teams like Hull, Middlesbrough and Burnley who are the favourites, but it only takes one team to go on a run to get yourself up there.
“It’s obviously up to us to continue winning games to keep ourselves up there.
“We take every game as it comes. We’re doing our best to try and win every game and we want to keep that unbeaten run going.”

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here