Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Official Site] MANAGERS' VIEWS: HUGHTON AND ROBINSON

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
CHRIS HUGHTON praised Brighton & Hove Albion’s attacking play in the 2-1 win over MK Dons and was delighted to see both of his wingers get on the scoresheet.
He said, “In the first half, I couldn’t fault our offensive play in terms of getting in the wide areas. We opted to go with two wide ones in Solly Marsh and Jamie Murphy; both of them got a lot of the ball, got into great positions and both scored.“However, I thought we made hard work of it and at half-time we had given them [MK Dons] a little bit of a leg-up with that goal, which was probably their only opportunity in that first half.
“We should have been clear with more than the two goals, and when that doesn’t happen, it gives them the incentive to stick in there and in the end it became a tight match – certainly towards the end."
Hughton was keen to highlight March’s potential in particular, after the winger scored his first competitive goal at the Amex, and believes he has the ability to become more prolific in front of goal.
“The first goal was a different type of goal from Solly, but that just reiterates to us that he is somebody who should be and could be scoring more goals for us.
“He is a wide player that can come inside and can get efforts at goal; he perhaps needs to be a little more consistent in hitting that target.
“I can remember bringing a Norwich team here in pre-season and Solly hit one in from about 25 yards after cutting in on that right-hand side. We know what he can do and all he has to do is add consistency to his game.”
The Albion manager also hailed the pre-match tribute to remember those who had fallen.
“I thought that it was a very moving tribute. The club here has very strong connections to the armed forces which affects a lot of families. I thought that the club and the supporters showed great respect on Saturday.”

LATEST NEWS FROM*SEAGULLS.CO.UK

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here