Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hughton admits Dons might have had a penalty - but Albion deserved the win [The Argus]

Newshound

Brighton 8049
Jun 5, 2011
Chris Hughton admitted he “wouldn’t have been surprised” had MK Dons been given a penalty at the Amex today.
But he stopped short of saying Albion were fortunate as appeals were waved away.
Dons called for a spot kick after a second-half challenge by Lewis Dunk during the Seagulls’ 2-1 win.
Solly March and Jamie Murphy seemed to have put the hosts en route*for a comfortable win.
But Nicky Maynard’s goal – and too many squandered chances by the hosts – turned it into another nail-biter.

MK boss Karl Robinson was convinced his side should have had a penalty.Hughton said: “I think with any manager playing away from home, particularly if you are losisng a game at the time, you are certainly going to appeal and appeal hard for anything you think should go in your favour.
“Seeing it from where I was, I wouldn’t have been surprised either way.
“They didn’t give it. The referee and the linesman were the ones who were closest.
“But I wouldn’t have been surprised if it had been given.”
Hughton was convinced his side deserved to win and that it capped a good week.
But he said: “I thought we made hard work of it.”
Albion will assess Sam Baldock over the next few days after he limped off with a thigh problem.

p-89EKCgBk8MZdE.gif

Original article

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here