Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

How does this happen anywhere (let alone in Croydon)?

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
They should bring back Detention Centres and good old fashioned Borstals, good old fashioned SHORT SHARP SHOCK treatment.
Then when theyr'e 18 straight in the services for National Service for 3 years.
If you refuse then Military prison for 5 years straight instead.
They wouldn't **** about in there believe me.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
You'd put a 14 year old girl in Borstal?

your reaction to that is exactly why they are needed and of course why we dont have them. deemed too nasty, but then if they were there and an option, the youth might think twice about their actions. theres no consequences today, no fear. so do as you please.

they might not be the answer, but in the absence of anything else, we shouldnt wonder that many youth and even adults behave as they do.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
They should bring back Detention Centres and good old fashioned Borstals, good old fashioned SHORT SHARP SHOCK treatment.

I wonder how many of our resident Tories are getting a hard on reading this?

gregbrighton

Aug 10, 2014
Brighton

Yawn.

The armed forces are a decent profession. Why fill it with sh*t and the dregs of society?

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I'm going to take a punt here.

As abhorrent as her actions were I'm struggling to believe your average 14 year old goes around punching pensioners.

With that in mind, I wonder if I could spend a day living her life, let alone 14 years of it.

That's no excuse, and she needs to be properly dealt with, but in doing so is that really going to get to the root cause?
I have my doubts.

It's very easy to be judge, jury and executioner.
But it's hard not to think there's a bigger picture here, and going 'Daily Mail' at the child is just storing up the problem for the next time, without dealing with the issues that may have caused this assault.

I have no answers, I just don't think it's as simple as:-

throw away the key = clear conscious.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
your reaction to that is exactly why they are needed and of course why we dont have them. deemed too nasty, but then if they were there and an option, the youth might think twice about their actions. theres no consequences today, no fear. so do as you please.

they might not be the answer, but in the absence of anything else, we shouldnt wonder that many youth and even adults behave as they do.

Referral and supervision orders work better with someone of that age. 14 year olds are still impressionable so harsh detentions would only make them worse.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I'm going to take a punt here.

As abhorrent as her actions were I'm struggling to believe your average 14 year old goes around punching pensioners.

With that in mind, I wonder if I could spend a day living her life, let alone 14 years of it.

so, never mind then, just pamper her and others who dont want to be part of the normal rules, not their fault after all, its our fault. silly OAP should have kept quiet and just got off the bus.

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton
You'd put a 14 year old girl in Borstal?

Why the fvck not. Horrible little shit put an old lady in hospital for Christ sake!
But oh let me guess.....the like of you think it's all societies fault she did it and she's not really a bad person and dread the thought of the nasty police and justice system (which is a joke) might issue an appropriate sentence fit for the crime!!!
I wonder if you would be so against it if that was your mother she hit?

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
so, never mind then, just pamper her and others who dont want to be part of the normal rules, not their fault after all, its our fault. silly OAP should have kept quiet and just got off the bus.

Where is the pampering? Trying to find out what caused her to be so violent is valid.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
That's clearly not what I'm saying and it's a shame you have chosen that standard tired response to me asking how this disgusting situation can occur.

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Why the fvck not. Horrible little shit put an old lady in hospital for Christ sake!
But oh let me guess.....the like of you think it's all societies fault she did it and she's not really a bad person and dread the thought of the nasty police and justice system (which is a joke) might issue an appropriate sentence fit for the crime!!!
I wonder if you would be so against it if that was your mother she hit?

You must be joking. It's the blame culture that has caused a lot of societies' problems.

There are other punishments available to the courts than Borstal or youth detention centres.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
You must be joking. It's the blame culture that has caused a lot of societies' problems.

There are other punishments available to the courts than Borstal or youth detention centres.

Try not to confuse retribution and rehabilitation.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here