Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lawyer sacked for telling the truth

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Being honest, if I was in charge of an international law firm, I don't think I would want someone capable of that sort of behaviour working for me.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Double standards refer to the 14 year old hitting a pensioner where the view is no deterrent but upset people from Liverpool and job lost and outrage that the most upstanding people in the world have been insulted

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Most football supporters have come away from a defeat seething often spouting extreme loathing for the opposition. The trick is not to be stupid enough to go on camera or online under your own name spouting your views if it could damage your career. He was a bit of a plonker but is that really a reason to lose his job. Would everyone who thinks he had it coming say the same if he worked in a different profession (Doctor) I wonder.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Those poor old lovely cheeky chappy Scousers huh? Sun still shining out of their arses according to the media, who would of guessed?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Most football supporters have come away from a defeat seething often spouting extreme loathing for the opposition. The trick is not to be stupid enough to go on camera or online under your own name spouting your views if it could damage your career. He was a bit of a plonker but is that really a reason to lose his job. Would everyone who thinks he had it coming say the same if he worked in a different profession (Doctor) I wonder.

One of the best attributes a barrister can have (apart from his law qualifications) is knowing how to used the right words. He has shown, in public, that he isn't capable of doing that.

Besides which, all generalisations are bad.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
One of the best attributes a barrister can have (apart from his law qualifications) is knowing how to used the right words. He has shown, in public, that he isn't capable of doing that.

He has, as far as we know had one bad day resulting in a serious error of judgement. A warning/reprimand or even demotion should suffice, sacking seems far to extreme IMO.

Saying all generalisations are bad is a bit of a generalisation.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

mmmm.... well.....taxi!

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

I think for a senior international lawyer to be stupid enough to go on line etc etc. Is enough for him to lose his job, not so much necessarily because of what he said, but because he is capable of such a crass error of judgement Of that magnitude.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
He has, as far as we know had one bad day resulting in a serious error of judgement. A warning/reprimand or even demotion should suffice, sacking seems far to extreme IMO.

Saying all generalisations are bad is a bit of a generalisation.

Congratulations, you spotted it.
One bad day, which is public, and would be used against him in court.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
I think for a senior international lawyer to be stupid enough to go on line etc etc. Is enough for him to lose his job, not so much necessarily because of what he said, but because he is capable of such a crass error of judgement Of that magnitude.

Sadly that is the society we seem to live in now people calling for sackings as a first option for one example of crass stupidity. I'm guessing if he was senior enough or worth £££££ to the company a grovelling apology would suffice.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Congratulations, you spotted it.
One bad day, which is public, and would be used against him in court.

I doubt his views on Scousers would be relevant to International Insurance related court proceedings. If he handled claims about theft or criminal damage in the UK then I would concede your point.

FREDBINNEY

Banned
Dec 11, 2009

hes not a barrister for a start , I doubt he's seen the inside of a courtroom in a long time, if ever.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here