Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FAO Bensgrandad

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
Originally posted by BensGrandad.

I will be the first to admit that Dk has surpassed my expectations with employing managers who have won us three promotions yes managers and players not DK.

[/B]

the managers and players that HE EMPLOYS are investments from HIS MONEY. so at least he keeps making the right choices. hence he is the reason for our success.
i like r. meade think people have been slightly harsh on bg. but as he is so outspoken that will happen. this is also why he should answer questions put to him. weather you agree or not, most questions do get answered in his fashion. but who will step foward and take the club from knights hands? as im sure you have said before bg many are queing up.
personally whilst he makes the right decisions i will be in favour of knight. the only bad decisions he has made are 1; the sell on clause decision in the zamora deal. which we didnt think was enough and the tottenham ripped us off. and 2; the appointment of hinsh as manager. at the time we thought it was ok, just a little late putting him into office.
most of his other decisions seem like slight masterstrokes.

Brovion

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 6, 2003
Well fair play to you BG for coming out (so to speak). I suppose saying "I misread the situation" is the nearest we're going to get to an apology. You were wrong, fair enough, we all make mistakes. You also admit that Knight has 'exceeded your expectations', I'm sure he'll be pleased to hear it.

So all I say is just THINK next time before rushing into print or on air with the latest rumor. Remember your previous track record is pretty poor and if it's a serious allegation (which this was) then try and get some more proof. Yes, I know other people just post threads saying "I've heard that xxxxx" but they don't do it with that kind of nose-tapping quasi-authoritarian air that you adopt: "I've heard rumblings ... people I can't name ..." etc.

Just editing to say that some good has come of this. Unsurprisingly the club didn't like unfounded rumors slowly snowballing so we've now got an 'Ask the Club' forum. No one's going to mind you asking questions in there, then you can weigh up what they tell you with what you've heard elsewhere and reach a more informed opinion.

Last edited:

Colbourne Kid

Sep 19, 2003
Surely this is more than a rumour in the Pub. BG has made much of this association with Surrey FA. He would therefore be aware that the FA would have nothing to do with the Football League's play off money. The Lincolnshire Rep on the FA can be discovered on the FA website or in its handbook. He comes from Boston not Market Rasen. A phone call to either the League or the Club would have resolved the issue. This was done from spite and to further his aim of undermining the current board. The Club does not have any money, where are the investors BG keeps going on about. Get them to contact the Club, let the Club see what they have to offer. It would be interesting to know which pub this was in so that BG's presence at the pub in question can be verified. Even something that demonstrates that this was not completed made up would help to demonstrate that he has some credibility left.
Harty,
You know this contributor. You know that he will say something controversial and will therefore get your programme going. You know that he is very unlikley to be able to back up what he says. Now that you admit he has made an untrue statement on your programme you will presumably make a statement clarifying the position on your next programme so that those who heard him but do not post on NSC will appreciate that the comments were without substance.

afters

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
can anybody explain what the alleged VAT problem is? it's lost in all of the angst on this thread and i'd be interested to see whether it could be dismissed very easily....

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I make absolutely no apologies bouncing this ancient thread, started way back in our before Falmer days.

As you will see in here, Brian Lisher was very much a dyed in the wool Albion man back then, even helping out in any way he could towards getting us to Falmer, and being a big supporter of Gulls Eye too.

Always very much the quiet man when it came to his own personal contribution, but prepared tio stand up and be counted when the club when the future of the club was in doubt.

A man l will remembe rwith affection and respect for a very long time.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I make absolutely no apologies bouncing this ancient thread, started way back in our before Falmer days.

As you will see in here, Brian Lisher was very much a dyed in the wool Albion man back then, even helping out in any way he could towards getting us to Falmer, and being a big supporter of Gulls Eye too.

Always very much the quiet man when it came to his own personal contribution, but prepared tio stand up and be counted when the club when the future of the club was in doubt.

And for your facetiousness this thread got booted into 'other shite'? ???

I could comment but having had one infraction this week for saying something that . . . .ah well. What's the point?

All the best. :wave:

Weststander

Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

On a positive, there are some NSC members in this thread 16 years ago, showing kindness and understanding, where it would’ve been so much easier to join the herd. They’re still active posters now. Respect.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here