Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Which 'derby' game interests you the most as a neutral?

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
If you could attend a derby game, and experience the atmos, which would you choose? Personally, I'm not interested too much in the usual Utd v City/Spurs v Arsenal/Liverpool v Everton.

I think i'd go for Forest v Derby or Sunderland v Newcastle - they seem to be feisty affairs!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The Merseyside, Manchester and North London derbies have lost their sparkle from being lopsided for most of the last 25-odd years, with Liverpool, Man Utd and Arsenal dominating for too long. I accept that in all 3 instances the contest is now more even, however something's been lost along the way. The same can be said for the lesser Chelsea vs Fulham derby.

Therefore, I agree it's the Newcastle vs Sunderland derby that holds most interest.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Forest / Derby for me too :) Or Wimbledon vs Franchise I guess..

Oct 25, 2003
the tyne/wear and old firm games are quite similar for me in that they are usually quite poor games of football with everyone running around like complete mentalists, doing absolutely disgusting fouls and trying to score wonder goals

it's a bit like sunday league and is therefore fantastic

SAC

May 21, 2014
Agree that Portsmouth v Southampton, Dirty Leeds v Man U, Celtic v Rangers would be good.

Millwall v West Ham, Brentford v Fulham or QPR would all be interesting to attend.

el punal

Down here, among the lesser clubs of the south coast, it's got to be Southampton v Portsmouth (or Saints v Pompey, or Scummers v Skates). The hate fest is a wonder to behold and being a jolly old Brighton fan I'm everyone's friendly neutral - a bit like a UN peacekeeper, just sit on the fence and watch the shit hit the fan. Marvellous!

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Boca v River is one I want to go to one day

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I've done the Berlin derby both home and away. I'd quite like Hamburg v St Pauli. Reckon that would be fun.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Very few derbies where I don't favour one of the teams to a greater or lesser extent.
So the Milan derby it is then.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Millwall vs West Ham.

The Bristol derby also

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here