Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Here's what can happen if you post something libellous on forum

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Seems that the "fair comment" argument was struck out because the defendant hadn't filed the paperwork.

And there is still nothing to stop us saying that Owen Oyston is a convicted sex offender.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
To be fair reading that, it sounds like the guy made a complete dick of himself in trying to defend his comments. Make those allegations against anyone else and the outcome would be the same. Whatever people's views on the Oystons, you run a massive risk posting that kind of stuff in a public forum. Going with a McKenzie friend who starts mouthing off in court would appear to dumb to say the least and grandstandng that has cost him £20k.

It is clear to me from reading this documentation and from observing Mr Ragozzino and Mr Reed in court that he has not been at all well-served by the assistance of Mr Reed as his McKenzie friend, since Mr Reed has been responsible for pouring yet more fuel on the flames rather than assisting Mr Ragozzino to present his defence with suitable moderation. However, unfortunately for Mr Ragozzino, he has allowed himself to be used as a mouthpiece by Mr Reed, and cannot disclaim responsibility for what he has allowed himself to be associated with.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
So from now on folks it's

P-A-L-A-C-E
Stevie Coppell's once had the flu
With a nick-nack paddywhack...........

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
On a semi serious note I have had to comment on t'radio up here in the North about the finances of Blackpoo, and I'm very guarded in my comments as the family are very litigious.

When an amount of £11 million was paid to a company owned by the Oystons by Blackpool football club, I stated that what they did was legal but unusual, indicative of a strategy of not planning to invest in the infrastructure of Blackpool football club.

As for Karl Oyston, I didn't criticise him, instead stuck to the facts. I may have repeatedly refereferring to him as 'the son of a convicted rapist' though, but I cannot remember fully.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Seems that the "fair comment" argument was struck out because the defendant hadn't filed the paperwork.

And there is still nothing to stop us saying that Owen Oyston is a convicted sex offender.

No,.there's no fair comment in this case as the defendant was not offering an opinion. He asked for the Oystons to prove that he'd made the postings and said that once he'd done so, he'd prove they were true and justified but he didn't fill in the paperwork and, when he applied to have the consent (to waive his defence) dropped he failed to include the fee.

Whatever you think of the Oystons, they were on a winner with this one. To make a set of outrageous claims like this and not even try to pretend they're true is not acceptable behaviour. I have little sympathy for him

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Interesting read, but a very sad story all round. Given that Owen Oyston had been jailed for rape the whole scenario was very different to your normal club mismanagement fair.

Reading the court transcript for the original Owen Oyston offence he was certainly living the dream in 1996!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
To make a set of outrageous claims like this and not even try to pretend they're true is not acceptable behaviour. I have little sympathy for him

Is he a sandwich or two short of a full lunchbox though?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
To make a set of outrageous claims like this and not even try to pretend they're true is not acceptable behaviour.
I think you can make outrageous claims if they are unbelievable, because then it's just being rude/joking, as opposed to making a false claim that people might believe.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Is he a sandwich or two short of a full lunchbox though?

If that were the case, the judge would mention it as a mitigating factor but the defendant's mental health doesn't seem to have come up. It does look like it should have done.

It's interesting that the fact that he posted under a user name rather than a real one is seen as an aggravating factor - that's something that people on here should note too.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
If that were the case, the judge would mention it as a mitigating factor but the defendant's mental health doesn't seem to have come up. It does look like it should have done.

It's interesting that the fact that he posted under a user name rather than a real one is seen as an aggravating factor - that's something that people on here should note too.

Luckily the evidence I have linking you to a series of murders of prostitutes in the Bradford area in the early 1980's is WATERTIGHT.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here