Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fallout 4

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Anyone else exploring the post-nuclear wasteland that is Boston tomorrow?

Vault-boy-fallout3-thumbs-up.jpg

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Anyone else exploring the post-nuclear wasteland that is Boston tomorrow?

Vault-boy-fallout3-thumbs-up.jpg

nearly ready to go to PS4 from PS3

was waiting until FFVII release.....starting to think i should switch now for fallout 4........the reviews say its quite the dogs of a game

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
Paid for my copy on steam about a month ago, roll on tomorrow!

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
nearly ready to go to PS4 from PS3

was waiting until FFVII release.....starting to think i should switch now for fallout 4........the reviews say its quite the dogs of a game

Nice one. I'm on X1 currently.
You'll see a massive jump between PS3-4.

I'm looking forward to the FFVII re-release but the writers have said they're making some pretty bold changes, I doubt it'll be the same game we played years ago.
Plus, late 2017 release I think.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
Nice one. I'm on X1 currently.
You'll see a massive jump between PS3-4.

I'm looking forward to the FFVII re-release but the writers have said they're making some pretty bold changes, I doubt it'll be the same game we played years ago.
Plus, late 2017 release I think.

thats not good,i had read they were sticking as close to the original story as poss with upgrades and add ons as to what you could do yourself when in charge of the highwind airship

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
Enjoyed Fallout New Vegas a lot back in....2011? 2012? But don't quite understand the hype about this one, especially when there's been a ban on reviews / previews.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Enjoyed Fallout New Vegas a lot back in....2011? 2012? But don't quite understand the hype about this one, especially when there's been a ban on reviews / previews.

It's a new trend now where reviews are banned until release, many major developers are following suit.
New Vegas was pretty good, this one just looks amazing.

Are you going to wait for reviews before committing?

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
thats not good,i had read they were sticking as close to the original story as poss with upgrades and add ons as to what you could do yourself when in charge of the highwind airship

I look for updates every few weeks or so but Square are being pretty tight-lipped about it, probably as it's so early in development.
But I hear that they are revamping the battle system among a few other things.

I just hope all the side-quests, missions, equipment and materia are left as they are!

HitchinSeagull

Aug 9, 2012
Looking forward to playing it, I've played all of them enjoyed each of them, got tired of all the dlc especially as the games are big anyway.

5ways

Sep 18, 2012
It's a new trend now where reviews are banned until release, many major developers are following suit.
New Vegas was pretty good, this one just looks amazing.

Are you going to wait for reviews before committing?

I always wait for reviews! Besides, I remember F:NV being perhaps the buggiest game I've ever played. I'm expecting the same again and could wait a few weeks for early patches.

...that said if it's got 90+ on metacritic I'll buy it in a flash.

pastafarian

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex
I look for updates every few weeks or so but Square are being pretty tight-lipped about it, probably as it's so early in development.

I just hope all the side-quests, missions, equipment and materia are left as they are!

the uncomplicated battle system and ease of how to use and upgrade materia were part of the joy of the game,hope they dont mess too much......the pressure on square to get this right must be incredible

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I always wait for reviews! Besides, I remember F:NV being perhaps the buggiest game I've ever played. I'm expecting the same again and could wait a few weeks for early patches.

...that said if it's got 90+ on metacritic I'll buy it in a flash.

Fyi, IGN are releasing the very first review at 1pm today.
Will be straight onto that at lunch!

Edit:

It looks like all major reviewers are releasing reviews at 1pm this afternoon.

ferris_ferrit

Feb 1, 2011
I'm still playing Fallout 3, I don't know where I'd find the time (or permission from the misses) to start a new campaign. It's going to be a long old wait for me before I can get my hands on it :-(

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton

At least you'll know not to bother levelling up Aeris this time around.

I loved the previous games, and am excited about this one, but way past being bothered to pay £40 for the game on release day and then a further £25 for DLC afterwards. I made the mistake of paying full whack for the special edition of Dragon Age last year and was then horrified when the DLC was £12 a go (and I think they've now released three of them?).

Doubt I'll be able to hold out for the GOTY edition, but will at least wait until the main game is in a Steam sale, hopefully get the game plus expansion packs for £40 or less.

Igzilla

Sep 27, 2012
Worthing
Would love to, but just don't have the time for this sort of game at the moment. I bought New Vegas a few months back when it was on offer on Steam and have played 25 mins so far. My missus bought me Skyrim when it came out in 2011. Have only played 27 hours in 4 years, so I may wait for it to be dirt cheap on Steam before buying it and maybe I'll have finished it by 2025.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
At least you'll know not to bother levelling up Aeris this time around.
Too soon, far too soon...though it did make me laugh.

I can't wait for Fallout 4, anticipating a few interesting bugs being involved but with a game that size it'd be almost impossible to not have some.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here