Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Bridge BBC4

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
I started watching it then wondered what was on the other side.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
However, I did actually go over that bridge on a train earlier this year, travelling from Copenhagen to Malmo.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
It was enjoyable, The Bridge, but also just ridiculous. Saturday nights were never bettered by The Killing or Borgen though.
I went to a scandinoir weekend at that time, and they had The Bridge stars there. They were shocked and appalled by the giggling that went on in the ways of Saga, as if what unfolded on screen had a striking sense of realism to it.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
It was enjoyable, The Bridge, but also just ridiculous. Saturday nights were never bettered by The Killing or Borgen though.
I went to a scandinoir weekend at that time, and they had The Bridge stars there. They were shocked and appalled by the giggling that went on in the ways of Saga, as if what unfolded on screen had a striking sense of realism to it.

I'm with you on Borgen too. The French 'Spin' was a decent political bash, but Borgen with the gorgeous SBK was really gripping. Still change my mind on The Killing and The Bridge as to the superior, but both immense.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
However, I did actually go over that bridge on a train earlier this year, travelling from Copenhagen to Malmo.

We did too but it lacked something without the soundtrack

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
I’d say virtually ALL the BBC4 Saturday night 9pm progs have been worth watching - I also liked ‘Follow The Money’ and numerous others. I loved The Killing, The Bridge and Spiral in particular but yes Borgen was brilliant - you need patience with some of the Icelandic ones eg Trapped but for me it’s been the strongest source of drama for many years - other than Albion of course! Soon be able to roll the GP selection wheel again!

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea
Slightly more light hearted, Belgian Code 37:Sex Crimes is rather good....each episode self-contained and the three assistant cops around the female lead seem to encapsulate NSC and its posters.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Inspector Montalbano was superb, available on the BBC iPlayer

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
Doesn't seem to have been mentioned, "The Last Wave" which finished yesterday. Did anyone enjoy it?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Doesn't seem to have been mentioned, "The Last Wave" which finished yesterday. Did anyone enjoy it?

Only watched episode 1 so far but looks promising

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Ooh it’s a corner;9451652 said:
I’d say virtually ALL the BBC4 Saturday night 9pm progs have been worth watching - I also liked ‘Follow The Money’ and numerous others. I loved The Killing, The Bridge and Spiral in particular but yes Borgen was brilliant - you need patience with some of the Icelandic ones eg Trapped but for me it’s been the strongest source of drama for many years - other than Albion of course! Soon be able to roll the GP selection wheel again!

I loved all those. Also Beck and every movie/series interpretation of Wallender (even the Kenneth Branagh version).

TV nirvana.

Montalbano and Young Montalbano are fantastic too.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here