Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Marrakech

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
After my second wedding next weekend we are headed out to Marrakech for our honeymoon and I'm looking to the great unwashed of NSC to provide me with an itinerary. Fill your boots.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Congrats. Rent a car and go over the brilliant Atlas passes to the edge of the Sahara. Then in the opposite direction drive to Essaouira on the Atlantic Coast.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Years since ive been. We Got the ferry from Algeciras to Tangiers and the night train down to Marrakech, which was brilliant. Stayed in the Grand Hotel Tazi just off the square, which was colourful. Not sure what all the big tourist hotels are like. Spend time in the Souk it gets more interesting and less touristy the further away from the Djemma el Fna you go. Talking of the Djemm, it comes alive at night , during the day it's relatively dull. Eat at one of the stalls they set up, the sausages were great, didn't try the sheep brains though.

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Just be careful. When we turned up at the main square by coach, as we got off a young woman holding a baby came up and in front of everyone else indicated I was the father of the baby!!!

Luckily after a few minutes of confusion, my wife said "I think she was asking you for some money to help the baby". Phew. Thought my sins had caught up with me.
I must just have a kind face.

McTavish

Nov 5, 2014
Jardin Marjorelle is well worth a visit - beautiful gardens, a very interesting small museum and a good cafe.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
It's great. Love the noise & the energy & it's pretty safe (the police are brutal, especially to anyone who upsets tourists, according to my mate who lives there).
Eat in the square at night for a pittance & also at Dar es salam (sp?) if you can. Don't under any circumstances be enticed to a tour around a tannery though... :O

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Marrakech is a brilliant place. The restaurants are all done out in blue and white tiles and are often situated underground for climate control. It's fabulous.

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
Jardin Marjorelle is well worth a visit - beautiful gardens, a very interesting small museum and a good cafe.

Seconded, its great to get a bit of peace too if you time it to avoid the crowds.

Heading there today, as well as the YSL gardens. (Might be same place...)

Then going to go for tea at La Mamounia (where Churchill stayed during the war)

Might if we have time go to Essouria and mountains. Will certainly try.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here