Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

getting to The Amex

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Yesterday made me realise that I can no longer walk from Falmer station to lower west due to the hill and my COPD. So have decided in future I will go to Brighton earlier and catch the 25 to Village Way. I know this service is restricted because of the buses being use for P & R and it gets busy so where is the best place to join it to guarantee a seat on the bus.

Jul 7, 2003
Probably the Old Steine but if walking is an issue then getting there from Brighton Station is not going to help your condition. You could get a 27 down to the Old Steine from the station to connect.

I would seriously consider looking at the Seagull Travel options. Following recent major knee surgery I have used them while recovering and the virtual door to door service meant I was able to attend games I wouldn't otherwise have managed.

Before the game you will get there in plenty of time and have the lift down from the car park to use if needed. Afterwards, there is no need to rush as you can have a nice slow walk back from your seat to the coach park.

I know it would be additional cost for you but the convenience and comfort you would gain might make it better for you in attending games.

gjh1971

May 7, 2007
Yesterday made me realise that I can no longer walk from Falmer station to lower west due to the hill and my COPD. So have decided in future I will go to Brighton earlier and catch the 25 to Village Way. I know this service is restricted because of the buses being use for P & R and it gets busy so where is the best place to join it to guarantee a seat on the bus.

Hurstpierpoint

Probably the Old Steine but if walking is an issue then getting there from Brighton Station is not going to help your condition. You could get a 27 down to the Old Steine from the station to connect.

I would seriously consider looking at the Seagull Travel options. Following recent major knee surgery I have used them while recovering and the virtual door to door service meant I was able to attend games I wouldn't otherwise have managed.

Before the game you will get there in plenty of time and have the lift down from the car park to use if needed. Afterwards, there is no need to rush as you can have a nice slow walk back from your seat to the coach park.

I know it would be additional cost for you but the convenience and comfort you would gain might make it better for you in attending games.

Mid sussex seagulls?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I can use my old fogies bus pass to get from near my front door to Brighton so that is not a problem just means leaving 30 mins or so earlier. I thought of changing at either St Peters church or Churchill Sq.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I can use my old fogies bus pass to get from near my front door to Brighton so that is not a problem just means leaving 30 mins or so earlier. I thought of changing at either St Peters church or Churchill Sq.

Either St.Peter's Church or the Old Steine would be by far your best bet in my opinion. Going to Palmeira Square is totally pointless if you are coming from Haywards Heath.

Many of the 25's start from the Old Steine anyway, so with St.Peter's being the first stop from there, there will laways be plenty of seats available.

You could even make the change in buses totally seamless by catching a 40 or 40X from Haywards Heath to either of the above locations, and cut out the walk down from Brighton Station, but I'm sure you know that anyway.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
would try churchill square or earlier if you want a seat

Nooo don't get on at Churchill Square, you will be relying on a bus coming from Palmeira Square, the service seems to be indifferent in my experience with long gaps between buses, you would be much better off changing at the Old Steine, as many 25's start from there.

Plus for a midweek game you willbhave to change at Old Steine, as the Monday to Friday buses from Palmeira Square are now numbered 25X and only run as far as Falmer Station.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Nooo don't get on at Churchill Square, you will be relying on a bus coming from Palmeira Square, the service seems to be indifferent in my experience with long gaps between buses, you would be much better off changing at the Old Steine, as many 25's start from there.

Plus for a midweek game you willbhave to change at Old Steine, as the Monday to Friday buses from Palmeira Square are now numbered 25X and only run as far as Falmer Station.

I didnt realise some started at The Old Steine and thought they would fill up at Churchill Sq. I have done this trip once for a midweek game and the bus was full by the time it reached The Level.

I remember going to the presentation prior to the opening of The Amex the seller said it was less the 2 mins walk from the station to the seat in Lower West. I wouldnt want his clocks even if I was 100% fit.

Last edited:

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford

Why on earth not get the supporters coach from HH straight to the Coach Park?

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Why on earth not get the supporters coach from HH straight to the Coach Park?

I am a poor OAP who has to pay for travel with my ST plus I have a bus pass why would I want to pay to go by coach that I can do by bus free. Getting home is no problem as the walk to Falmer station is downhill.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here