Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The legendary UK Apache spreading peace in British mosques through the medium of Jungle

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
This is absolutely class in a glass. Those of us a certain age have a special place in our hearts for UK Apache and Shy FX's 'Original Nuttah', it's one of the classic Jungle tracks of the 90s. Well, UK Apache is now a practising Muslim but it doesn't stop him trying to spread the love with some acapella Jungle.

Junglist Massive!

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Nice find Buzzer!

I remember when he first burst onto the reggae scene with this:

Given the obvious Micheal Rose influence in his vocals in your video, perhaps he could have then sat back, made the full circle and played everyone this :) .....

A classic peace anthem if ever there was one:

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
This is absolutely class in a glass. Those of us a certain age have a special place in our hearts for UK Apache and Shy FX's 'Original Nuttah', it's one of the classic Jungle tracks of the 90s. Well, UK Apache is now a practising Muslim but it doesn't stop him trying to spread the love with some acapella Jungle.

Junglist Massive!

For a minute I thought you were talking about the legendary helicopter :moo:

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010

Junglist Massive!

Really enjoyed that, thanks

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Ok, if we're going to do this, let's do it properly and get all the monotheists fairly represented :thumbsup:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
That was quite uplifting. Respect indeed. Thanks for sharing.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I was waiting for someone to post something like that church rave! This is my all-time favourite.

You've nailed it Buzzer! :thumbsup: I remember seeing a mate showing me that particular one ages ago but didn't know how to find it. For the quick effect I just went with the first one that I could find in a search and posted that instead. Lazy of me punish:

Part 2 is pretty handy too:

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Just to clarify: Apache Indian and UK Apache are two different artists. Apache Indian is a Brummie and I think UK Apache is a Tower Hamlets lad.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Just to clarify: Apache Indian and UK Apache are two different artists. Apache Indian is a Brummie and I think UK Apache is a Tower Hamlets lad.

Oops :blush:

I was never into Jungle, I just assumed Apache Indian had done a General Levy.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda

Junglist Massive!

He has been doing this for a few years now, something going around twitter a while ago and got talking to him, still big respect for what he did to the sound of Jungle and now he is older spreading his thoughts to others and asking people to respect

Hold tight UK Apache - original bad boy turned preacher

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
For a minute I thought you were talking about the legendary helicopter :moo:

Same, I was expecting something akin to this

image.jpeg

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Why did the lion get lost?
Cos jungle is massive.