Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kit Symons sacked

Keith Patel

**** off Lino.
Apr 4, 2009
Brighton
Fulham Football Club today announced that Kit Symons was dismissed as First Team Manager following Saturday’s match against Birmingham City at Craven Cottage.

Mike Rigg, Chief Football Officer, made the announcement and will immediately conduct a search for the new First Team Manager.

Fulham Chairman Shahid Khan spoke to Symons today and thanked him for his loyalty and service to Fulham.

“No one can ever doubt the effort and commitment that Kit put into Fulham, not only as First Team Manager, but also as a player here, and as a key figure in the success of our Academy,” said Mr Khan.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2015/november/08/rigg-announces-symons-departure

albionite

May 20, 2009
Strange thought they had just started to turn it around and get good results, should of sacked him earlier

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
That's a real shame, I was loving his work. I fear a better manager will do well with that squad. A couple of defensive signings in the window and they could have real potential

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Beware an approach from Fulham for CH

Their Chairman almost appointed him as manager before but had to go back to USA for a month. In that month Symons went on a 4 game unbeaten run so he gave the job to Symons.

I don't think Chris would move now but it won't stop them making the approach because you saw what they did with Dunk in the summer

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON

Their Chairman almost appointed him as manager before but had to go back to USA for a month. In that month Symons went on a 4 game unbeaten run so he gave the job to Symons.

I don't think Chris would move now but it won't stop them making the approach because you saw what they did with Dunk in the summer
Beware?
He won't leave us for Fulham you silly sausage

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Clearly Fulham could offer him good money, but they are in their last season of 'big parachute payments', and next season their parachute takes a substantial haircut.

Not sure they are that big a pull, given where the albion is right now.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Clearly Fulham could offer him good money, but they are in their last season of 'big parachute payments', and next season their parachute takes a substantial haircut.

Not sure they are that big a pull, given where the albion is right now.

The money won't matter to Chris.............He isn't in it for the money. All he wants is to manage in the Premiership. It would be a good thing if they were to approach him though because it would be an incentive for the Board at Brighton to promise to back him financially to bring in the players needed to get Brighton promoted

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I fancy Gus might have been interested in this job, I wonder what he's thinking now.

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
I heard that he was contacted about it some weeks ago but Fuham picked up and Symonds stayed.
I'd be surprised if he gets a decent job in England in the near future. Think he's been found out as a manager with limitations, and not as good as he thinks he is at the top level.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I said that in my post did I not ? All I am saying is that it wouldn't stop them making an approach

:lolol:

You'll have to forgive sir albion, he's not renowned as the brightest poster on this board.

FWIW I agree with you about an approach increasing CH's hand during January. It didn't look like we backed Oscar in the January of his reign and he went in the May. I'm sure we won't make that mistake again.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Another British manager bites the dust, to make way for another foreign coach. The game is going to end up dominated by foreign owners, foreign coaches and a helluva lot of moderate foreign players.
Chris Powell has just been very poorly treated at Huddersfield, where he's been replaced by a reserve team manager from Germany, with no experience. Our game is ending up in the hands of spivs and criminals, who have no idea about the history, the heritage and the spirit of our game. They have no class and no idea how to build a football club. They are dragging our game into the gutter in their self-centred craze for attention and self-gratification. They are riding roughshod over all the promising home grown British coaching talent in their desperate desire for a quick fix and an obsession with the Premier League, an organisation that has no interest in the football pyramid and the development of the game, long term.
Each season, the quality of the PL is dropping, damped down by an endless stream of average foreign players and young British managers and coaches are being given a start in the game and then cast aside after a handful of games. No chance to learn and build experience. Eventually, fewer and fewer will be tempted down this route. Why would they want to put up with this. The players are paid fortunes for failure and the manager carries the can.
In todays climate, Fergie would have gone in 2-3 months. Likewise Brian Clough. Likewise Bobby Robson. In the pursuit of greed, we are allowing the wrong people to get a grip of our game. Sadly, we are pretty powerless to do anything about it. Lets just be thankful that we support a club, with class and dignity and an owner who bleeds blue and white and has the interest of the game and the club at heart. Unfortunately, the likes of Tony Bloom and Steve Gibson are becoming the minority.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Another British manager bites the dust, to make way for another foreign coach. The game is going to end up dominated by foreign owners, foreign coaches and a helluva lot of moderate foreign players.
Chris Powell has just been very poorly treated at Huddersfield, where he's been replaced by a reserve team manager from Germany, with no experience. Our game is ending up in the hands of spivs and criminals, who have no idea about the history, the heritage and the spirit of our game. They have no class and no idea how to build a football club. They are dragging our game into the gutter in their self-centred craze for attention and self-gratification. They are riding roughshod over all the promising home grown British coaching talent in their desperate desire for a quick fix and an obsession with the Premier League, an organisation that has no interest in the football pyramid and the development of the game, long term.
Each season, the quality of the PL is dropping, damped down by an endless stream of average foreign players and young British managers and coaches are being given a start in the game and then cast aside after a handful of games. No chance to learn and build experience. Eventually, fewer and fewer will be tempted down this route. Why would they want to put up with this. The players are paid fortunes for failure and the manager carries the can.
In todays climate, Fergie would have gone in 2-3 months. Likewise Brian Clough. Likewise Bobby Robson. In the pursuit of greed, we are allowing the wrong people to get a grip of our game. Sadly, we are pretty powerless to do anything about it. Lets just be thankful that we support a club, with class and dignity and an owner who bleeds blue and white and has the interest of the game and the club at heart. Unfortunately, the likes of Tony Bloom and Steve Gibson are becoming the minority.

Probably all you say is true but the clubs and fans are often happy to take the monies invested by the owners in search of Glory days. Man City and Chelsea have anyhow. it is the price paid when the clubs are willing to sell their souls

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here