Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Biggest Hypocrite Ever?

burnee54

East Upper Hermit
Sep 1, 2011
up the downs
IMHO it has to be this bloke.
attachment.php

So, he want to disband the army but still feign respect at the Cenotaph?
The man is a disgrace and a bloody joke as a political leader.
Rant over. (I feel better now:))

Attachments

• corbyn-wave_3440834b.jpg
    corbyn-wave_3440834b.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 2,992

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I don't think he ever said he wants to disband the army!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
no, he hasnt. he wants a small army for defence only, never get involved in any wars or conflicts. its a point of view, just not a popular one.

Feb 14, 2010
To be fair remembrance when I was kid was taking place with many of those who lived through and fought in WW1 still alive and most who lived through and fought in WW2 still alive. That is no longer the case. The occasion has changed with more of a celebration of the military than when I was kid. Most people observed it privately and many people I knew didnt like the big parades. Some did, some didnt. There was however almost a shame about WW1 from the military, government and monarchy. There was still much anger around about that conflict. There was then a regret that WW2 had to be fought. That was the mood and the entire point of remembrance was to make the country less military not more military minded. I still buy a poppy but I do regret how the days message seems to have changed and been lost in the mists of time.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
He doesn't wish to disband the army. Even if he did, which he doesn't, it's still possible to respect the fallen and not want any more war.

burnee54

East Upper Hermit
Sep 1, 2011
up the downs
I don't think he ever said he wants to disband the army!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...crous-new-Labour-leader-suggest-end-Nato.html

Corbyn's 'dangerously deluded' view on defence: Minister in Blair government says it is 'ludicrous' for new Labour leader to suggest an end to Nato

• George Robertson said it was ludicrous for Corbyn to suggest end to Nato
  • Also attacked Mr Corbyn's plan to scrap Britain's Trident nuclear deterrent
  • Mr Corbyn, chairman of Stop the War coalition and vice of Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament, has indicated he will try to impose his pacifist views
By JASON GROVES FOR THE DAILY MAIL
PUBLISHED: 23:51, 15 September 2015 | UPDATED: 00:28, 16 September 2015
192shares
345View comments​

A former Labour defence secretary last night condemned Jeremy Corbyn's 'dangerously deluded' stance on national security.
George Robertson, who served as defence secretary under Tony Blair, said it was 'ludicrous' for Labour's new leader to suggest Nato should be wound up.
Lord Robertson, who later served as Nato's secretary-general, also attacked Mr Corbyn's campaign to scrap Britain's Trident nuclear deterrent, saying it was the 'crucial insurance policy that ensures our safety and way of life will be ultimately protected.'
Scroll down for video
1CEF3A0100000578-0-image-a-23_1442357037662.jpg

+3

George Robertson, who served as defence secretary under Tony Blair, said it was 'ludicrous' for Labour's new leader to suggest Nato should be wound up

Mr Corbyn, chairman of the Stop the War coalition and vice-chairman of the Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament, has alarmed Labour MPs this week by indicating he will try and impose his pacifist views.
Several senior figures have rejected offers to serve in his shadow defence team because of concerns about his stance.
RELATED ARTICLES

SHARE THIS ARTICLE

192 shares

Labour's new shadow defence secretary Maria Eagle is understood to have warned Mr Corbyn that she will not support his policy of unilateral nuclear disarmament.
Miss Eagle has previously voted for the renewal of trident, something which Mr Corbyn opposes.
Mr Corbyn, a pacifist, has also said Nato should have been disbanded after the Cold war.
And he has even called for the army to be 'abolished', saying the UK should follow the lead of Costa Rica which disbanded its army after the 1948 civil war.
2C5821ED00000578-0-image-a-42_1442357297079.jpg

+3

Mr Corbyn, chairman of the Stop the War coalition and vice-chairman of the Campaign for Nuclear Disarmament, has alarmed Labour MPs this week by indicating he will try and impose his pacifist views

2C58483900000578-0-image-m-46_1442357379107.jpg

+3

Corbyn has even called for the army to be 'abolished', saying the UK should follow the lead of Costa Rica which disbanded its army after the 1948 civil war

Writing on the website PoliticsHome yesterday, Lord Robertson said: 'There are some who believe that defence is an optional extra in a time of austerity. They are dangerously deluded.
'The world may be spared the kind of nation against nation conflict that disfigured the last century, but there are some new and potent threats out there and we cannot be complacent. Only the wildly optimistic or the politically misguided can think that our armed forces and membership of Nato are anything but absolutely essential.
'Our defences, from our national nuclear deterrent to the last reserve soldier, is the crucial insurance policy that our safety and way of life will be ultimately protected.
'Those who say that schools and hospitals are more important than our military capabilities have no knowledge of history. Cut your defences and everything else is at risk, so it's a false choice.
'And then there is the school of thought that says our nuclear deterrent is useless in the current world. The money, they claim, should be spent on welfare or social services. To them I say just look at the investment being made by Russia and China in their nuclear arsenals. They don't think it is money misspent -for them it is about national survival.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ur-leader-suggest-end-Nato.html#ixzz3qu6yXVPi
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Big Bill

Banned
Nov 4, 2015
Imagine he was Prime Minister when George Bush wanted us to join in the invasion of Iraq. If nothing else they's be a few thousand more of our forces still alive and a few thousand more still with all their limbs.

Last edited:

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Does anyone "want" to get involved in wars?

Both World Wars were necessary for Britain to fight.

The fact that the British Empire was dashed against the rocks of the Nazis and the Axis is the greatest achievement of our people.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
no, he hasnt. he wants a small army for defence only, never get involved in any wars or conflicts. its a point of view, just not a popular one.

A slight point of order there. He specifically wants the British Army for defence only. no wars or conflicts. He and his mate the Chancellor don't seem to have ever had any problems with an aggressive Irish Republican Army nor indeed observing a minute's silence for them.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Quote : So, he want to disband the army but still feign respect at the Cenotaph?
Rant over. (I feel better now)

As rants go.............even on a Sunday that's a pretty poor one.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
IMHO it has to be this bloke.
attachment.php

So, he want to disband the army but still feign respect at the Cenotaph?
Rant over. (I feel better now:))

If that's hypocrisy, I would take that any day over the hypocrisy of our dear Chancellor, Gideon, who is so vociferous about getting major corporations to pay their corporate taxes and so on, while his own family's company, of which he owns 15%, and which seems to be doing OK, paying its principal director (his father?) over £500k last year, has paid no Corporation tax for 7 years.

Put your money where your mouth is, George.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Anyone who seriously thinks Corbyn is even close to the biggest hyprocrite is a joke in my opinion. There are so many politicians who have no values whatsoever and say whatever they think will get them into power. Corbyn stands by his principles and states them. He may not agree with your opinion but to call him a hypocrite shows how little you know.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
If that's hypocrisy, I would take that any day over the hypocrisy of our dear Chancellor, Gideon, who is so vociferous about getting major corporations to pay their corporate taxes and so on, while his own family's company, of which he owns 15%, and which seems to be doing OK, paying its principal director (his father?) over £500k last year, has paid no Corporation tax for 7 years.

Put your money where your mouth is, George.

As attempts to smear the Chancellor go, that has to rank as one of the most piss-poor I've ever seen.

If you had read the very jaundiced Private Eye article, the company reduced its tax bill through capital allowances of which every single limited company in the country does. And you only pay capital allowances because you've made large capital purchases that you need to account for over a number of years. So it appears that the Osborne family company have invested very heavily in new capital equipment. There doesn't appear, prima facie, to be any tax avoidance employed at all other than that, that all companies enjoy. All above board and standard accounting practice.

And you should be applauding the Osbornes if they end up taking higher salaries because then the Treasury taxes the money at 45% plus 2% employees' NI plus 13.8% employer's NI as opposed to paying 20% in corporation tax.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here