Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Cheapest desktop printer for replacement ink cartridges

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Need to buy a new desktop printer for one of my kids. Since the major expense seems to be replacing ink cartridges, anyone have any suggestions of printers that have the cheapest cartridges ?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
if you just want black and white, look at laser. bit more expensive but the quality and life span of the cartridges is far far batter.

Boroseagull

Aug 23, 2003
Alhaurin de la Torre
Have to say that I 'bought' a Brother from IJT Direct last year. Like most marketing companies it's in the business to sell cartridges, but their own brand ones at a fraction of the price. The printer was 'free' providing you bought about £60 worth of ink, at the rate they last I'll be well gone from this world before the supply runs out!

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Have to say that I 'bought' a Brother from IJT Direct last year. Like most marketing companies it's in the business to sell cartridges, but their own brand ones at a fraction of the price. The printer was 'free' providing you bought about £60 worth of ink, at the rate they last I'll be well gone from this world before the supply runs out!

HP Officejet Pro8600 - I bought 2 years ago and cartridges came with it and I havn't had to change in 2 years

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
I was given a Laser Xerox copier a few years ago. I thought it would be expensive to run, it's the cheapest and best copier I've had. Because four cartridges, one of each colour ( not Xerox, they cost a fortune) for £13 on ebay. Fantastic photo results on ordinary paper.

Boys 9d

Jan 3, 2012
Lancing
Whichever printer you buy, google Phoenix Direct for ink cartridges. Their own products are about a quarter to a third of the price of the printer manufacturers own cartridges. I have been using them for a number of years and the one and only time I received a dodgy cartridge they replaced it immediately. Orders made before 5pm are usually despatched the same day and delivered by post within 24 to 48 hours. (BTW, I am not on commission).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here