Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Nicky Maynard

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Remember he was being touted a few years ago as a big talent when he was at West Ham. Hasn't really kicked on as many predicted but in a side that creates more could he be a 20-25 goal a season striker?

Classy finish yesterday shows it's in the locker. I think he would be a shrewd acquisition in January and would weigh in with his fair share.

Ron Manager

Oooh, wasn't it?
Sep 14, 2015
Lentil Alley
He went through a bit of a sour patch but now seems right back in the sports mix.

SP.jpg SM.jpg

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The next striker Tony funds ought to be Premier League Ready.

Once again it would seem the NSC 'small club' mentality is kicking in again.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I didn't notice that when we replaced Ulloa with O'Grady.
All the more reason to not let history repeat itself.

Although we have a lot to be grateful to Chris O'Grady.
If he and last season wasn't such a car crash the Albion probably wouldn't be where it is now.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
The next striker Tony funds ought to be Premier League Ready.

Once again it would seem the NSC 'small club' mentality is kicking in again.

It could be argued that Fulham and Blackburn signed PLR strikers in McCormack and Rhodes, spending £11m and £8m respectively.

Neither club have seriously troubled the scorers though in terms of promotion/playoffs since signing, and Blackburn have ended up with a transfer embargo for breaching FFP rules.

It's also Tony Bloom's money, not yours. So surely it's up to him to determine how much should be spent given that he's subsidising the club to the tune of £200,000 a week already, before you commit him to spend a further £10m plus a seven figure a year wage commitment?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It could be argued that Fulham and Blackburn signed PLR strikers in McCormack and Rhodes, spending £11m and £8m respectively.

Neither club have seriously troubled the scorers though in terms of promotion/playoffs since signing, and Blackburn have ended up with a transfer embargo for breaching FFP rules.

It's also Tony Bloom's money, not yours. So surely it's up to him to determine how much should be spent given that he's subsidising the club to the tune of £200,000 a week already, before you commit him to spend a further £10m plus a seven figure a year wage commitment?

This Summer Tony decided to spend, commit to, many more millions than ever before.
For whatever reason within that process the club has been left under powered up front.

That's hardly surprising it being the most crucial and expensive piece of the jigsaw.

There would be no point in shelling out this summers extra cash, get the club to joint top, even with an obvious flaw and not spend on someone considerably better than Nicky Maynard.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne

Got out of the wrong side of bed Pres? Unlike you.

Anyway, I think Stat has a point. I am not suggesting TB should be spending big money, but that when you look at who we have been chasing then Maynard really is not in the same class. I think Tony will be looking for that marquee signing in January.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Got out of the wrong side of bed Pres? Unlike you.

Anyway, I think Stat has a point. I am not suggesting TB should be spending big money, but that when you look at who we have been chasing then Maynard really is not in the same class. I think Tony will be looking for that marquee signing in January.

We had the NSC mod pissup last night Woody which went on until the small hours, and I was on the 5:30am train back to Manchester as working today!

Could explain grumpiness.

Last season we had a strike force that contained CMS (cost £3.25m) COG (£500k) Spanish Clunge (€1.5 million) and Baldock (£1.75 million).

They were a bit 'meh' though, and FFP rules were pretty restrictive too.

Ulloa only cost £2 million, so he is in the same ball park in terms of cost as most of the ones already listed above. He just turned out to be more prolific than them, although he scored less league goals in the Championship in his one and only full season than COG.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Turning our CB as if he wasn't there was the key part of that goal.....but the strike was neat and tidy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here