Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Minutes Silence

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
What happened? Thought there was going to be a minute's silence after the sounding of the last post but some numpties decided to applause and a load more copied them. Personally, think it was a poor show.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
What happened? Thought there was going to be a minute's silence after the sounding of the last post but some numpties decided to applause and a load more copied them. Personally, think it was a poor show.

Agreed. Seems to be a need to be SEEN to be more grief stricken/sympathetic than the next person. Just hope it does not spread outside of football.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Thought the bugler who played the last post was superb , but it certainly wasnt reveille that was played after it.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Imo the mk fans started applauding and others Inc the players followed. The problem comes from the fact that sometimes clapping is expected while other times it is silence.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Certainly unfortunate that the applause started after the Last Post. I felt it was clearly explained but at least the moment was respected to some extent.

Reagulls

Jul 22, 2013
I agree bad show.
There was a very clear announcement, the minute would start when the bugles finished the first piece and end when they started the second. Perhaps the initial clapper missed this?
On the one day it really means something, many also chose to sing "going up to win the cup" instead of the "stand or fall" lyrics that were clearly on the large screens too .

Seriously?

Not everyone knows the last post and then reville.

Immaculately observed by everyone, to try and insinuate otherwise is more an affront than the know all post by the OP.

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
Seriously?

Immaculately observed by everyone, to try and insinuate otherwise is more an affront than the know all post by the OP.

This is why I ended up clapping. That and others around me had started. Its a case of misunderstanding and certainly not a case of disrespect and I'm sure everyone else who clapped is in the same mind I am.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
This is why I ended up clapping. That and others around me had started. Its a case of misunderstanding and certainly not a case of disrespect and I'm sure everyone else who clapped is in the same mind I am.

Yup, exactly this. I knew clapping at this point wasn't really 'right', but it wasn't 'wrong' either in the circumstances. A 'minutes' silence was never proposed by the way - it was a 'period of silence' - which is what we got, albeit a bit shorter than expected. Well done the club again for laying on what they did - a well judged and respectful commemoration.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Seriously?

Thanks for the dig. Once the applause stopped it was immaculately observed but was not for the traditional minute.

I agree with others that it wasn't done to be deliberately disrepectful.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here