Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A two half team

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
How do we play so well in the first half that we could have been 3 or 4 up but in the 2nd half the other team ups their performance but we are unable to maintain ours. This has happened so many times.

One hot tub one ambition

Apr 28, 2015
Hove
In my opinion this is one of Hughton's rare downfalls.
I think it was quite blatant that we were content to sit back and let them pressure us. That's fine, as long as we can stay composed and not hoof out the ball unnecessarily/ fail to keep the ball and a multitude of other agonisingly simple, 'small things'. Inevitably, we didn't, and we were very lucky that the DONGS were proper shite up front - in fact, all over the pitch.
Well, this is a team that finds it difficult to win by more than on goal, and its not difficult to see why. I an't believe we are unbeaten but I'm not going to moan about it - let's just hope we can put in a solid performance against Burnley.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
I like his thinking as many games we could've had the game wrapped up by half time and then just counter attacked in the 2nd half.I would rather this than a slow build up in the 2nd half.
The only problem is our poor finishing in many games???

We score first in nearly every game and this I'm sure would change if we focused on the 2nd half...No way could we keep it up for 90 mins.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Sometimes it's as if the other team are coached and able to play as well.

Oh the humanity.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here