Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Baldock

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Thought that him and Hemed worked hard today and with a little luck both could have scored. Was disappointed to see him leave The Amex on crutches as I thought that his injury appeared to be hamstring. Would they give him crutches to take the weight off of his thighs.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Thought that him and Hemed worked hard today and with a little luck both could have scored. Was disappointed to see him leave The Amex on crutches as I thought that his injury appeared to be hamstring. Would they give him crutches to take the weight off of his thighs.

It was the front/inside of his upper thigh, possibly groin, definitely not a hammy.
I hope it's not a bad one

Feb 14, 2010
How many chances did each have and how many did they take? How good were they at making runs to create a chance and how many did they convert? How did they leave their man in the box and did they convert? That is what a forward is judged on.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
How many chances did each have and how many did they take? How good were they at making runs to create a chance and how many did they convert? How did they leave their man in the box and did they convert? That is what a forward is judged on.

Baldock got the assist for Murphys goal

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Having watched a succession of Leon (certainly not the) Best type forwards never looking like they'd score.
I'm still happy to see good link up play, a decent amount of shots, and defenders having their energy drained.

Sure neither can buy a goal, but at least it's not because of a lack of effort.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Something extra to his game, that Gary Lineker didnt have to his game. Excellent, but as Brian Clough once said " I pay you to score goals, now get in the box".

Another from Cloughie as told to me by Peter Ward. Wardys wife always picked him up at a services on the M1 and after 1 bad evening game in Brum he stopped the coach driver going into the services and made him pull over onto the hard shoulder 100 yds up the road then told Wardy to run back to the services as it was raining saying that will be the first time you have run this evening.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
We'll miss his hard work, but I struggle to appreciate his value. Probably my bad. Hopefully the International break will be enough for him. If not, Calde as an enthusiastic stop gap till January?

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
One things for certain.

Zamora most definitely isn't Baldock's replacement.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
He said "thigh" to the MK keeper when he was sat on the floor, saw it on highlights.

Feb 14, 2010
Another from Cloughie as told to me by Peter Ward. Wardys wife always picked him up at a services on the M1 and after 1 bad evening game in Brum he stopped the coach driver going into the services and made him pull over onto the hard shoulder 100 yds up the road then told Wardy to run back to the services as it was raining saying that will be the first time you have run this evening.

And the classic when we tried to sign him back before the cup final.. "Ive never played in a cup final and neither will you". Imagine saying that to a kid these days. Oh the whinging and whining would be deafening. Clough wasnt alll great but he didnt half have an ounce of common sense, and as they say about common sense, its not very common.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Baldock and Hemed are both incredibly hard working, but both are also trying my patience with taking chances. I know it's been said a hundred times but we really are a clinical finisher away from being a top side

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
We'll miss his hard work, but I struggle to appreciate his value. Probably my bad. Hopefully the International break will be enough for him. If not, Calde as an enthusiastic stop gap till January?

We are not that short of attacking options! I reckon it'll be Hemed plus Murphy if he's out and assuming Kaz is back.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here