Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

MK Albion

Feb 14, 2010
Who else remembers the rumours / talks that MK tried to steal our clubs place in the football league, but then got Wimbledon's instead? Gulls Eye lads.. I think it was mentioned in a Gulls Eye..?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
MK Dons moved in 2003 and then changed it's name in 2004 to MK. Winkelman took over in 2000.

Feb 14, 2010
MK Dons moved in 2003 and then changed it's name in 2004 to MK. Winkelman took over in 2000.

Hereford away was when, 1997, so I remember it around then. Before Winkleman took over or had we left the Soldstone? I'm sure I remember walking over Hove Park talking about it, so we must have been at the Soldstone. Where are the old Gulls Eye's editions when you need them

albionite

May 20, 2009
Don't remember talk of going to mk thought there was rumours of going to gatwick.

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
Sharing with Palace? That was mid 80s wasnt it?

Bamber's idea I think

Not sure there was ever talk of moving to Milton Keynes or them taking our place in the league - in fact, I'm certain this is bollocks that has probably been created to give everyone another reason to "hate" MK Dons

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Hereford away was when, 1997, so I remember it around then. Before Winkleman took over or had we left the Soldstone? I'm sure I remember walking over Hove Park talking about it, so we must have been at the Soldstone. Where are the old Gulls Eye's editions when you need them

Why do you keep referring to the Goldstone as Soldstone, do you have a sticky keyboard is is it deliberate and supposed to be amusing ???

Feb 14, 2010
Bamber's idea I think

Not sure there was ever talk of moving to Milton Keynes or them taking our place in the league - in fact, I'm certain this is bollocks that has probably been created to give everyone another reason to "hate" MK Dons

Yep, think was Bamber

Nope, there was. I had the conversation at the time. Think it was in Gullys Eye. Attilla? Harty?

Nobody "hates" MK, we just dont forget that they failed to earn their place in the football league and stole another clubs instead. Shame, as they would have respect if they had done it properly.

Black Rod

Jan 19, 2013
Personally I think we should all hate Arsenal as well for being the original Franchise FC and stealing Woolwich's club

Feb 14, 2010
Personally I think we should all hate Arsenal as well for being the original Franchise FC and stealing Woolwich's club

Spurs fans do. Somewhat different tho, as Wimbledon had a long established club with fans and a place in the football league. Most of all, it could have been us. Even Archer didnt do that.

Feb 14, 2010
Weren't they going to move Wimbledon's club to Dublin!

Yes that was it, they were going to go to Dublin but fell apart I expect because they knew they wouldn't get in the English league. MK were looking for a club to take their place in the league and settled on Wimbledon. Think we were targets because of the Archer issues, but Wimbledon were higher up the leagues than us.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Spurs fans do. Somewhat different tho, as Wimbledon had a long established club with fans and a place in the football league. Most of all, it could have been us. Even Archer didnt do that.

I thought Spurs hated Arsenal because they stole their place in the top division, not because of the ground move?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here