Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A third (nearly) into the season...

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Have to say I didn't expect this, will we go the course and make at least the play offs?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
We're more than a third in now, aren't we (16 played, 46 to play in the course of the season, 3 X 16 = 48)? Doing well. Still holding my breath rather than feeling like champions elect though!

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Will be disappointed if we end up in the play offs now. 17 games unbeaten and leading the way for the most part. We should be aiming for top 2 now.

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Yes, aim has to be top two. Play offs are fall back. Long way to go though and we need a couple of top quality pros

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Things can change so quickly, I do not think anyone is going to run away with this league. Play offs would be great, top two would be awesome.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
We have to concentrate on keeping our points average at 2 points per game, then everything else will look after itself. If we fail that then i thinks its about 1.75 per game to get into the play-offs, anything less now will be a disappointment. 30 games to go and I'm counting down every game with excitement.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
We have to concentrate on keeping our points average at 2 points per game, then everything else will look after itself. If we fail that then i thinks its about 1.75 per game to get into the play-offs, anything less now will be a disappointment. 30 games to go and I'm counting down every game with excitement.

I think we will learn a lot more after that flurry of busy games in December. If we are still holding our own by then, I think we can start to believe. We have to remember Derby though, top in March and ended up not even getting a place in the play offs.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
I think we will learn a lot more after that flurry of busy games in December. If we are still holding our own by then, I think we can start to believe. We have to remember Derby though, top in March and ended up not even getting a place in the play offs.
That is why we have to think in terms of point rather than who we beat. I do think we are entering into our toughest period yet. I think its 4 of our next 6 opponents are in the play-offs, we come out of that with say 10 points then our points average will still be 2 points per game having played all the current top 6, I personally would walk away from that period a happy fella, but I don't think some of our fans would.

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset

This. Need really to complete the first round of games up to Brentford match when all the teams have played each other.

PO form of 1.6 points per match from here would give 82 points, probably not enough for top two but close.

The unbeaten run emphasises the consistency of Albion, which augurs well. Despite the lack of goals there is a togetherness and quality throughout the side.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I think its 4 of our next 6 opponents are in the play-offs, we come out of that with say 10 points then our points average will still be 2 points per game having played all the current top 6, I personally would walk away from that period a happy fella, but I don't think some of our fans would.

Burnley (A) 1
Brum (H) 3
Charlton (H) 3
Derby (A) 1
QPR (A) 1
Boro (H) 1

Well there's 10 that I'd take now (not intended to maintain the run, just the best way I could get to it) ..... some might even think it's ambitious. Can't see anyone being unhappy with it

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
We don't have the disadvantage of having Steve as our manager which is a plus. It would have to be an epic fail not to at least reach the playoffs now.

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
Burnley (A) 1
Brum (H) 3
Charlton (H) 3
Derby (A) 1
QPR (A) 1
Boro (H) 1

Well there's 10 that I'd take now (not intended to maintain the run, just the best way I could get to it) ..... some might even think it's ambitious. Can't see anyone being unhappy with it

I only say some people would be unhappy with it as some people seem to be moaning now, despite us being on unbeaten run. 4 draws and 2 wins I think you would get moaners, especially if we didn't put in any amazing performances.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I only say some people would be unhappy with it as some people seem to be moaning now, despite us being on unbeaten run. 4 draws and 2 wins I think you would get moaners, especially if we didn't put in any amazing performances.

Can't really see anyone moaning about that. I understand some of the 'moans'. We've ridden our luck so much and have misfired a lot in front of goal. In that respect we've made it too hard on ourselves and the fear is (as I see it) those narrow wins could quite easily turn into draws and the draws into losses

That said our results are outstanding and I just can't see even the most extreme critic being unhappy with those points over the next 6, not least because we would've nicked 2 a piece from our most likely challengers

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here