Sky Bet Championship

Venue: The American Express Community Stadium
Date: Saturday 7th November 2015
Kick-off: 15:00 GMT
Referee: Dean Whitestone
Assistants: Rob Whitton, Christopher O'Donnell
Fourth official: John O'Brien

TEAM NEWS

• [*=left]Brighton will hope to have striker Bobby Zamora and defender Gordon Greer back in their squad against MK Dons.
    [*=left]Zamora missed Tuesday night's draw with Sheffield Wednesday with a minor foot injury while Greer (knee) has been out for a month but could return soon.
    [*=left]MK Dons defender Kyle McFadzean is available again after serving a one-match ban that forced boss Karl Robinson to reshuffle his back line.
    [*=left]Ben Reeves and Matthew Upson (both calf) will miss the Amex Stadium trip.

MATCH FACTS

• [*=left]Brighton have picked up just one win from their six previous league games versus MK Dons (D1 L4).
    [*=left]MK Dons have kept a clean sheet in four of their last five clashes with Brighton.
    [*=left]Brighton are currently enjoying their longest ever start to a season without losing (W8 D7).
    [*=left]Indeed, they are the only team in the top four tiers to remain unbeaten this season.
    [*=left]MK are on their worst away league run (D2 L4) since March 2013 (seven games without a win).
    [*=left]The Seagulls have shipped just three goals across their last seven league games at home.
    [*=left]MK Dons have recorded the highest amount of possession in the Championship so far in this campaign (57.13%).

We are actually the only unbeaten team in the top 5 (or 6 if the conference north and south are different tiers. Which of course they are not but anyway......)

Solihull Moors are actually the only other unbeaten team in the top 7 levels. Level 7 is the Ryman premier in our area.

This stat therefore covers 11 divisions!

Edit. Just checked. The only other unbeaten team down to level 8 (this covers 17 divisions) is the recently reformed AFC Rushden and Diamonds from the Southen league division one central. Equivalent of Ryman north / south here

Last edited:

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Expectations for a big win are pretty high for this I suspect. Think Hughton has to go for it and we'll see it in the formation.

Expecting (hoping) to rip them apart ..... 3-0

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Great work Dick Head... 2-0 to the Seagulls.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
On form expect them to pass it around a lot but slowly and without much penetration. They sound a bit like us in the recent past.
Wednesday fans were impressed by the pace of our passing. It's certainly come on although I'd still like to see more of the earlier ball through or over the top into space for Baldock to run on to.
Setting off from the midlands a bit before 10 and dreaming of starting with two wingers with Kaz and Bobby to come from the bench.
Got a go for it!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Surprised to see that they have the highest possession stats in the division at 57%

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Can we please have an automatic ban for anyone who writes anything resembling "We really should be beating teams like this".

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Loving the consistancy of [MENTION=15297]Dick Head[/MENTION]'s match day threads. The 7am start and content. That is a man who just knows that deviation from routine will spell disaster.

Hats off to you.

:bowdown:

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Fact is we can't win comfortably and need our shooting boots on if we're to break this long scenario.
Could be looking at a draw again and us sitting back for 30 mins again.

1-1

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
Will there be extra pressure on the team with the historic unbeaten record dangling before them actually cause them to lose today?

I think the expectation from a few weeks ago when we looked like a very dangerous team who just needed those lucky breaks to thrash someone has now been muted. For one reason or another we're lacking creativity.

There will be an outcry if CH does not go with two wingers today, it's the perfect match for it especially if the other options are either Calde or Crofts on the right hand side.

I expect (hope) the team will be:

Stockdale

Bruno
BFG
Dunk
Rosenior

Murphy
Stephens
Kayal
March

Baldock
Hemed

SUBS: Maenpaa, Greer/Goldson, Crofts, Ince, Zamora, Lua Lua, Calde

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Will there be extra pressure on the team with the historic unbeaten record dangling before them actually cause them to lose today?

I think the expectation from a few weeks ago when we looked like a very dangerous team who just needed those lucky breaks to thrash someone has now been muted. For one reason or another we're lacking creativity.

There will be an outcry if CH does not go with two wingers today, it's the perfect match for it especially if the other options are either Calde or Crofts on the right hand side.

I expect (hope) the team will be:

Stockdale

Bruno
BFG
Dunk
Rosenior

Murphy
Stephens
Kayal
March

Baldock
Hemed

SUBS: Maenpaa, Greer/Goldson, Crofts, Ince, Zamora, Lua Lua, Calde

Team looks good. Greer on the bench maybe

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
Today there will be a match, oh yes there will be a match and football will be played; can't reveal anymore then that.

Codner's Wallop

Sep 11, 2013
It's highly unlikely we'll see it today but we should all take comfort that sometime soon Murphy and Lua Lua can operate at the same time. They are both superior options to March or a a makeshift midfield. A regular quartet of Lua Lua, Murphy, Baldock and Hemed could really pay dividends....

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Really looking forward to the game today, high expectations so hope I am not disappoint at 16:55

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
If we can't do the damage in the first hour then we should be able to bring on KLL and Zamora to bag the points.

All the stats point to a narrow home win. I'm expecting it o be tight until the final whistle though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here