Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Guess who got tickets to see Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow live at the NEC...

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
My first ever big gig - Brighton Centre 1980 something. So apart from Blackmore who else is in the band? Graham Bonnet on vocals?[

LORDS OF BLACK singer Ronnie Romero, STRATOVARIUS keyboardist Jens Johansson, BLACKMORE'S NIGHT drummer David Keith and bassist Bob Nouveau.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Lucky ****** ! Saw him at the Rainbow in 19whenever and they were fantastic. All I really remember about the gig is Ronnie James Dio squealing about "Hey man Rainbow at the rainbow", Cozy Powell doing the 1812 overture on the drums atop a 12 foot high drum riser and being mildly suspicious about Mr Blackmore's guitar playing as I thought he was playing with backing tapes but I think it was sequencing the flashing "Rainbow" sign which was at the back of the stage.
Typically understated then . . .

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Lucky ****** ! Saw him at the Rainbow in 19whenever and they were fantastic. All I really remember about the gig is Ronnie James Dio squealing about "Hey man Rainbow at the rainbow", Cozy Powell doing the 1812 overture on the drums atop a 12 foot high drum riser and being mildly suspicious about Mr Blackmore's guitar playing as I thought he was playing with backing tapes but I think it was sequencing the flashing "Rainbow" sign which was at the back of the stage.
Typically understated then . . .

I saw Rainbow at the Rainbow too. Went up pillion on a Triton was it '78? Good night apart from the incessant rain whilst on the bike.

It's been knocked down now.

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Yep - some people are going mental about missing out, especially on Ritchie's facebook page - Tickets actually went on sale Wednesday and I just happened to check his FB page and the link was live. Loads of people claiming 'all' the tickets have been snapped up by touts and the like - to be honest what do people expect?!? regardless of line-up, this is a huge gig for any fan of the man in black - it's the nature of the 'concert going' beast - sad but somewhat inevitable.

On that subject, I've checked out the singer and I think he'll do a fine job tbh, this and the bass player from BMN is awesome - I've seen evidence of this in the flesh. Regardless, if it was just Ritchie and his strat I'd have paid the £55 - I was too young first time around, so this is literally the gig of a lifetime for me.

I can't wait; Ritchie has said this is for the fans and something the late great Jon Lord asked him to do literally before it's too late. Those naysayers who claim he'll probably chuck his toys out, have a tantrum etc. bollocks, this will be a performance from Ritchie, and all being well, I'm bloody glad I'll be there to witness it.

Rock on and thanks Ritchie, because I never thought you'd do this...

Kosh

Binney on acid

NSC Patreon
Nov 30, 2003
Shoreham
I saw him with Deep Purple at the Dome. I think it was around the time of 'Deep purple in rock'. I know they played there on 15 Sept 1972. They also played The Big Apple, but I didn't go.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Yep - some people are going mental about missing out, especially on Ritchie's facebook page - Tickets actually went on sale Wednesday and I just happened to check his FB page and the link was live. Loads of people claiming 'all' the tickets have been snapped up by touts and the like - to be honest what do people expect?!? regardless of line-up, this is a huge gig for any fan of the man in black - it's the nature of the 'concert going' beast - sad but somewhat inevitable.

On that subject, I've checked out the singer and I think he'll do a fine job tbh, this and the bass player from BMN is awesome - I've seen evidence of this in the flesh. Regardless, if it was just Ritchie and his strat I'd have paid the £55 - I was too young first time around, so this is literally the gig of a lifetime for me.

I can't wait; Ritchie has said this is for the fans and something the late great Jon Lord asked him to do literally before it's too late. Those naysayers who claim he'll probably chuck his toys out, have a tantrum etc. bollocks, this will be a performance from Ritchie, and all being well, I'm bloody glad I'll be there to witness it.

Rock on and thanks Ritchie, because I never thought you'd do this...

Kosh

55 notes to see Ritchie Blackmore is a gift

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
I've got mine. only wish it was Ronnie up front.

Too true, I saw him around 2002 and it was unbelievable one of the best gigs I've ever seen and I've seen... well... one or two. All in all I'm glad Ritchie has opted for a talented younger singer, with a set of pipes able to match the power of Ritchie's riffs. I'd have been very dubious if Bonnet, Turner and/or Coverdale had rocked up. This will be a great gig, not great by the standards of 74-76, but great for a guy now 70 giving something back to his fans...

Let's hope it ROCKS!

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here