Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Limit on Upgrades per Season

twowheelsbest

Nov 1, 2009
Brighton
We have got four family tickets in the East Upper - two for our Grandsons and one each for My wife and myself. Our tickets are both senior tickets, but my son pays for half my wife's and upgrades it to an adult when he comes to games. This afternoon I phoned the club to upgrade it for tomorrow, and was told that we were only entitled to six upgrades per season! I asked if this is a new rule as we have been doing this since the first season at The Amex. She said that this had always been the rule, but they have not had the means to enforce it before! Apparently the solution is to upgrade the ticket to an adult at a cost of about £170 for the remainder of this season, and downgrade it when Mrs RL comes to games.
Any one else come across this at all?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Why is there a need to have a limit? Anyone think of a good reason?

Bedsex

not my real name
Jan 29, 2009
Flitwick
I hope that there isn't a limit. I have 2 child tickets in the East family stand, of which I usually upgrade 1 to an adult for evening games as they are too late for my kids. It doesn't make sense to limit the number of upgrades other than as a poor attempt to increase revenue.

Diablo

NSC Patreon
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
seems mad but surely you can upgrade yours six times as well, making twelve which equals half of home games..should be enough for you.

Egon Spengler

Jul 5, 2011
We have got four family tickets in the East Upper - two for our Grandsons and one each for My wife and myself. Our tickets are both senior tickets, but my son pays for half my wife's and upgrades it to an adult when he comes to games. This afternoon I phoned the club to upgrade it for tomorrow, and was told that we were only entitled to six upgrades per season! I asked if this is a new rule as we have been doing this since the first season at The Amex. She said that this had always been the rule, but they have not had the means to enforce it before! Apparently the solution is to upgrade the ticket to an adult at a cost of about £170 for the remainder of this season, and downgrade it when Mrs RL comes to games.

Yep, was told the same this afternoon. I ended up converting it to an adult for the season which suits me well enough as I'm upgrading it most weeks

Crikey! moan moan moan i suppose it was better at withdean:ffsparr: you must be a palace troll or rotr or something!

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
I hope that there isn't a limit. I have 2 child tickets in the East family stand, of which I usually upgrade 1 to an adult for evening games as they are too late for my kids. It doesn't make sense to limit the number of upgrades other than as a poor attempt to increase revenue.
Maybe its not a poor attempt to increase revenue, maybe its a good attempt at keeping costs down.

In the terms and conditions, are season tickets transferable anyway?

The admin costs involved in keep swapping tickets are probably high, and I think 6 changes per ticket per season is already overly fair. If you buy a childs season ticket at a childs price, then surely a child should use it.

If you want adults and children to use, maybe buy a adults one, or if you can't do that buy a ticket game by game,

I don't see why people expect the club to **** about swapping the ticket over every week. It sort of defeats the purpose of a season ticket doesn't it? Season tickets are reduced in price as you are buying a job lot and that keeps costs down

I think people should be grateful they let you do it at all, let alone 6 times a season.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Might prove tricky next season for us when Mini heads off to Uni

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
I suppose it would be possible to have a season ticket for whatever the lowest priced group is, so you minimised your losses on games that you could not attend.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Maybe its not a poor attempt to increase revenue, maybe its a good attempt at keeping costs down.

The admin costs involved in keep swapping tickets are probably high, and I think 6 changes per ticket per season is already overly fair. If you buy a childs season ticket at a childs price, then surely a child should use it.

If you want adults and children to use, maybe buy a adults one, or if you can't do that buy a ticket game by game,

I don't see why people expect the club to **** about swapping the ticket over every week. It sort of defeats the purpose of a season ticket doesn't it? Season tickets are reduced in price as you are buying a job lot and that keeps costs down

I think people should be grateful they let you do it at all, let alone 6 times a season.

Good post & the fact this is an issue after just a THIRD of the season endorses it. Pay full & all can go

Discodoktor

Apr 28, 2011
Guildford
Each time fans upgrade the club earn more money. Better than an empty seat.

Maybe it's a sign that the execs think we are going to get promoted and they don't want everyone to buy child's tkts to ensure they have a seat in the premiership. (Ha ha, that doesn't make sense)

This rule makes sense when we are at capacity but we are not.

Last edited:

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley

Yes heaven forbid we try to get new people into watching the albion.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005

Perhaps you could email Paul Barber and ask him to clarify the upgrade policy?

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I suppose it would be possible to have a season ticket for whatever the lowest priced group is, so you minimised your losses on games that you could not attend.

I think there are probably several who do this.

A friend of mine secured two seats together in a good location so that he could take his kid with him when he got old enough. In the meantime, he generally upgraded it and took a mate each game.

He's probably just timed it right, as I think his son now goes with him to most games.

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009

Indeed, I think we should all be grateful they let us buy tickets for every match. What a privilege it is.

Discodoktor

Apr 28, 2011
Guildford
I think there are probably several who do this.

A friend of mine secured two seats together in a good location so that he could take his kid with him when he got old enough. In the meantime, he generally upgraded it and took a mate each game.

He's probably just timed it right, as I think his son now goes with him to most games.

Actually I know someone that does this too. But it doesn't make sense for the club to stop it if it's purchased with adult tickets does it? People in this scenario have incentives to drag others along. It's good for the club.

If people chose where to sit for each match then the desire to have a reserved (child) seat would disappear.

To me it's a bad rule to limit upgrades at the moment. Speak to Barber as it doesn't make sense I feel.

twowheelsbest

Nov 1, 2009
Brighton
Perhaps you could email Paul Barber and ask him to clarify the upgrade policy?

Email to Mr Barber has been sent - I will post the response on here

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here