Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Puskas (World Goal of the Year) Award- Who gets your vote?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Some fantastic goals indeed. But I think you have to look at context really. Mexes's goal was a magnificent spectacle but it was a pre-season friendly. Tevez's goal was part of seven goal rout, so not really much pressure on him to have to keep the ball. (Who cares if your opponent nicks the ball off you and ends up making it 5-1?)

Messi's goal was simply brilliant - and he did that in a cup final.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Mexes's goal was a magnificent spectacle but it was a pre-season friendly. .

He scissor kicked it into the corner from about 25 yards out. :lolol:

I don't care if that was against the Saltdean United under 7's. It was TEKKERS which would have flown in no matter the fixture.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
He scissor kicked it into the corner from about 25 yards out. :lolol:

I don't care if that was against the Saltdean United under 7's. It was TEKKERS which would have flown in no matter the fixture.
It really was TEKKERS yes, a proper THRIKE.

But would he have done that with his team 1-0 in the last five minutes and risked watching the ball balloon into the stands and his team mates all pìssed off that he'd wasted a promising position?

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Some fantastic goals indeed. But I think you have to look at context really. Mexes's goal was a magnificent spectacle but it was a pre-season friendly.
Likewise the Paderborn goal (who else spotted Hunemeier in the post-goal celebrations?)

I defnitely agree though in thinking that the stage/importance has to count for something, and the fact those two are pre-season does detract slightly when considering their credentials for an award such as this.

sdmartin1

Sep 23, 2008
Has to be Messi, reputation aside, it's a competitive fixture (unlike some of the others) and he's made a high quality side look like clowns.

Jim Bob

Dec 6, 2014
Liking Ball and Ramirez goals but has to be Messi for me

But surely Calderon face effort should of made the short list :bowdown:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here