Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion Shop

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Just looked on line for possible Christmas presents for 6 yr old granddaughter and very disappointed with what is on offer for girls. Are we missing a trick here as Christmas is a boom buying time?

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
BZgYjhWIQAEeHyn.jpg:large

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Just looked on line for possible Christmas presents for 6 yr old granddaughter and very disappointed with what is on offer for girls. Are we missing a trick here as Christmas is a boom buying time?

Publican, football manager and now a retail consultant, is there no end to your talents ?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

I've not been in the club shop for a few weeks, but are they selling these reindeer jumpers again this year?, I think they did one with Gully on last year too.

Hardly Christmas themed, but the club seemed to sell a lot of those girls replica pink and white striped shirts a few years ago too, They could do a lot worse than bring those back.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
What do you expect? Seagulls-branded make up sets? Blue and white princess dresses? Kitchen sets?

This is the 21st century, BG, we should stop thinking in outdated gender ideas. Gifts shouldn't be pigeonholed as 'boys' or 'girls'.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
What do you expect? Seagulls-branded make up sets? Blue and white princess dresses? Kitchen sets?

This is the 21st century, BG, we should stop thinking in outdated gender ideas. Gifts shouldn't be pigeonholed as 'boys' or 'girls'.

Are 'gender ideas'outdated? I hardly think so. In any case some things will always appeal more to either boys or girls, without the need to pigeonhole them.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I was in the market for a lightweight waterproof jacket and had a good root round the club shop a couple of weeks ago, but I was buggered if I could find anything. They had those light blue waterproof training top type things, but I didn't want light blue. I wanted BLACK or DARK BLUE.

Nada. I'm sure we had more choice when it was Errea.

Are 'gender ideas'outdated? I hardly think so. In any case some things will always appeal more to either boys or girls, without the need to pigeonhole them.

This.

If it isn't pink my 5 year old granddaughter isn't interested.

And to be fair to BG, I walked around there last game and the "Girls" gifts are shockingly sparse.

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
This.

If it isn't pink my 5 year old granddaughter isn't interested.

And to be fair to BG, I walked around there last game and the "Girls" gifts are shockingly sparse.

Just had a look on the website as Thunder Bolt suggested and not much on there either. Seems BG is right.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Publican, football manager and now a retail consultant, is there no end to your talents ?

I do not profess to be an expert on retail but even in the pubs we stocked up at Christmas on drinks that sold at Christmas and then sat on the shelves, the classic being Advocaat for snowballs. As other have said my 6 year old grand daughter is not interested if it isnt pink so why have they stopped the many lines they had previously stocked in pink? Is it because Nike say they are bigger than the customer and you WILL have what we say?

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I do not profess to be an expert on retail but even in the pubs we stocked up at Christmas on drinks that sold at Christmas and then sat on the shelves, the classic being Advocaat for snowballs. As other have said my 6 year old grand daughter is not interested if it isnt pink so why have they stopped the many lines they had previously stocked in pink? Is it because Nike say they are bigger than the customer and you WILL have what we say?

Why not ask the club ?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
If it helps my (albeit teenage) daughters absolutely LOVE the new dayglo away shirt.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here