Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Four Games *FREE* on the Football Pools

TheFootballPools

Nov 6, 2015
Fancy a dabble on one of the most traditional, yet somewhat forgotten forms of football betting?

The Football Pools is a fun, easy and cheap way to enjoy the three o’clock kick offs on a Saturday afternoon.

“How does it work?” I hear you ask… well we provide a list of 49 fixtures from each match day, and it’s up to you select ten fixtures that you think will end in a score draw. We then use a points-scoring system to calculate your best eight selections and add them together, with scores of 24, 23 and 22 winning big.

The scoring system works as follows:

Score draw = 3 points
No score draw = 2 points
Home/Away win = 1 point

Landing just six draws out of ten will result in you winning a great cash prize! Getting fed up of just one team letting you down on your weekly accumulators? Be fed up no more!

The Championship is a draw-haven, (and Albion games in particular at the moment!) and with the Premier League becoming more competitive every year, there are plenty of potential stalemates every week, so the opportunity to win is there.

Payouts have the potential to be huge. Just take a look at Michael Elliot’s great story… http://www.latestuknews.co.uk/sport...wins-one-football-fan-3m/?aff=10195&s1=SUBID1

The method of selection is up to you. Lucky numbers, birthdays, pin-sticking or trusting your gut…anything goes!

NSC users who join currently get 4 free games - find out more and sign up today by clicking right here!

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
Just encouraging gambling.

He's just paid for that post!
People should be able to control themselves in all forms of life, be it gambling, drinking, drugs and even fast food.
There is huge government pressure on social responsibility for booze and gambling, yet if fatty Mcfatfat wants to stuff himself and his family with the fourth bargain bucket of the day, nobody seems to care! So long as they don't have a cheeky quid on the football pools!!
Well as someone who can enjoy moderation I would like to thank the op for reminding me about the long forgotten pools, I may or may not have a go, but the choice mine.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
I'd forgotten about the Pools. I'm going to have a go.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Just one point of order based on the information in the OP. How does "Landing just six draws out of ten will result in you winning a great cash prize!" work when it also says "scores of 24, 23 and 22 winning big."

Surely if you only have 6 draws, you can't score 22 points.

I guess it meant to say 6 score draws, as combined with 2 no-score draws, 22 points then can be achieved.

GOM

living vicariously
Aug 8, 2005
Leeds - but not the dirty bit
Just one point of order based on the information in the OP. How does "Landing just six draws out of ten will result in you winning a great cash prize!" work when it also says "scores of 24, 23 and 22 winning big."

Surely if you only have 6 draws, you can't score 22 points.

I guess it meant to say 6 score draws, as combined with 2 no-score draws, 22 points then can be achieved.

ignore

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I'm in. How difficult can it be to pick a few draws?

I've gone for...

8 West Brom v Arsenal
11 Burnley v Brighton
15 MK Dons v Fulham
16 Preston v Blackburn
19 Bury v Burton
20 Coventry v Gillingham
27 Scunthorpe v Bradford
29 Walsall v Sheff Utd
33 Cambridge v Accrington
40 Notts County v Northampton

Paying the bills