Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trevor Eve in "Unforgotten"

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Acting of a standard normally only seen in the Selhurst Park penalty box...?

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
tried to watch it but its morbidly depressing.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Never recovered from being Boyd in Waking to Dead and he was brilliant in that

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I think it's pretty good (although Trevor Eve doesn't really make a convincing heavy) but there was one glaring howler in this week's episode.

*SPOILER ALERT* (in case someone's yet to watch it)

When they identify the second victim, the cops say his ATM card was used in a pub in Hammersmith in December 1978, but those cards were only just coming in then and were only a few cash machines around. They didn't start to be used in pubs until the 90s

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill
I think it's pretty good (although Trevor Eve doesn't really make a convincing heavy) but there was one glaring howler in this week's episode.

*SPOILER ALERT* (in case someone's yet to watch it)

When they identify the second victim, the cops say his ATM card was used in a pub in Hammersmith in December 1978, but those cards were only just coming in then and were only a few cash machines around. They didn't start to be used in pubs until the 90s

I thought it was an ATM near the pub, not in it?

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I thought it was an ATM near the pub, not in it?

No, that was the withdrawal that the Tom Courtney character made. The last trace of the victim was the pub

(and I also wondered about that ATM withdrawal too - there were really rare in 1978 and those that existed were in city centres, Would Haverstock Hill had had one?)

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
No, that was the withdrawal that the Tom Courtney character made. The last trace of the victim was the pub

(and I also wondered about that ATM withdrawal too - there were really rare in 1978 and those that existed were in city centres, Would Haverstock Hill had had one?)

Were you not paying attention? The Nicola Walker character carefully explained to him all about when cash machines were invented, even down to the point where she mentioned Reg Varney was the first person in the UK to use one, and that his cash withdrawal was NEAR the pub, and he shot himself in the foot by keeping bank statements which identified the serial number of the machine he used. I don' think the victim using an ATM was ever mentioned. Sheesh!

:)

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
I also find it unlikely that a black fellow married to a white lass would not notice that she had S K I N S tattooed on her fingers. I appreciate she covered them up by wearing rings but..............

that aside I'm enjoying it and looking forward to Thursdays finale.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Were you not paying attention? The Nicola Walker character carefully explained to him all about when cash machines were invented, even down to the point where she mentioned Reg Varney was the first person in the UK to use one, and that his cash withdrawal was NEAR the pub, and he shot himself in the foot by keeping bank statements which identified the serial number of the machine he used. I don' think the victim using an ATM was ever mentioned. Sheesh!

:)

I think you were the one struggling to pay attention.

As I said above, that long spiel from Nicola Walker was to the Tom Courtney character. I was referring to the transaction by the victim, prefaced by the explanation by the forensics woman about how long plastic bank cards last. It cut to a scene where Walker explained who the victim was, how he was last scene at a Clash concert in the Lyceum and the last trace of him was the ATM transaction in the pub. All of that was at least 10 minutes before the conversation with Courtney - I'd spent several minutes by then chuntering to Mrs Gwylan about how pubs didn't take cards in 1978 :)

EDIT: I've just gone back to check exactly what was said. It wasn't a pub in Hammersmith it was the Prince George (the one near the ATM that TC used) but NW said quite specifically " it was last used IN a pub in Hampstead"

Last edited:

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
When is it on next ? I have forgotten.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I'm also a big fan. It has some fine actors playing good characters and, unusually, the cops are not fighting amongst themselves or have a rebel out on a limb.

Peteinblack

NSC Patron
Jun 3, 2004
Bath, Somerset.
I also think it has been a brilliant series, with a great cast: Nicola Walker is consistently brilliant, Tom Courtney is really convincing, and Trevor Eve certainly looks and sounds menacing to me as a major businessman with a very dodgy past (which comes back to haunt him).

One of the best TV series this year, and a gripping crime-drama; not just a standard murder mystery, but shows people's lives unravelling, and marriages falling apart, as more evidence is uncovered, and several people are placed under suspicion and their murky pasts are revealed?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I think the attempt of an east end villian accent by Trevor Eve is one of the comedy highlights of the year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here