Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

And the new Uddersfeeled Town Manager is...

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
He's never done anything of note.

image.jpg

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Could be a great appointment for them - decent pedigree as a coach. However, it could go all Hyppia on them if he doesn't adapt to the rigours of the Championship.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
A real surprise for me sacking Chris Powell.

Tonight's appointment of Klopps assistant at dortmand says to me that Huddersfield had been approached
By a German agent leading to Chris Powells unfortunate sacking.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
A real surprise for me sacking Chris Powell.

Tonight's appointment of Klopps assistant at dortmand says to me that Huddersfield had been approached
By a German agent leading to Chris Powells unfortunate sacking.

Not a surprise to us town fans at all.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
What are (were) your expectations for the season.

You do realise that if the manager you had sacked had been white this would hardly have been headline news.

The expectation is always firstly to stay in the division...last year Powell succeeded, however this year, the expectation like brighton is to kick on. We have not played well and had some pretty poor results this year.

So what are you suggesting...that a club hangs on to a " black" manager because to remove them would appear racist? What a weird argument. That is almost the same as the quota system.

Powell is a nice guy, of that there is no doubt, however as what happened eventually at Charlton. Where clubs have no or precious little money, it takes a special manager and team to keep a club on the up, someone like the burnley manager and the Howe at Bournemouth. Powell is not one of them unfortunately.

Now town have Wagner, it will be interesting to see how the players react. I expect the bounce effect, that we will probably beat Leeds , go on a bit of a run, then it will settle down again.

This division is starting to return to type...the cream rising to the top....hull and Burnley with their premier experience and players, borough and derby moving in and brighton in the middle of that pack. The real season starts now and it will be interesting if the board are prepared to fund new players to help the team hang on to the position we have worked tremendously hard to get to.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here