Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Class of 92 (BBC 1)

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
It's a good programme, did you see the first in the series last week?
The new managers don't mess about.
I thought it was just a one off tonight!?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Thought they let themselves down when they were couldn't understand why Sedden had to work to earn money to see him through the summer break and miss a game

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Enjoying this programme a lot. You just know that the wheels are going to come off, that's the fun.

The BBC must be delighted with the FA Cup match on tomorrow as well.

Bab's pies look good as well!

Dodgy seagull

May 14, 2015
I thought Scholes was funny. When Gary was saying they could not interfere with the Managers on football matters Scholsey says "why did we buy a f****ing football club for then if we cannot talk football".

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I think that the Nevilles and Scholes were very good.

Scholes totally down to earth which is what he has always been and hated the limelight.

Phil Neville very generous, got a player a Man U contract and also very much a family man and a caring father of a kid with cerebral palsy.

Gary Neville to me was always a very professional and talented footballer and very much connected to his grass roots

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Thought they let themselves down when they were couldn't understand why Sedden had to work to earn money to see him through the summer break and miss a game

Showed themselves for the self centred Billy Big Bollocks that they are IMHO

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint

Totally agree. The fella was offered 5 grand, what was he meant to do? Its not like he is a young up and coming player who's going to make a career out of the game, he's 34.
Really enjoyed the programme though, I wonder if Sedden will be playing tonight in the cup or they have a totally new team this season?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Showed themselves for the self centred Billy Big Bollocks that they are IMHO

Totally agree. The fella was offered 5 grand, what was he meant to do? Its not like he is a young up and coming player who's going to make a career out of the game, he's 34.
Really enjoyed the programme though, I wonder if Sedden will be playing tonight in the cup or they have a totally new team this season?

Disagree. Football clubs take their football very seriously at this level, and expect 100% commitment even if the players are part time. Forget the class of '92, any chairman/manager on a shoe string budget in the non league game who faced losing their highest paid player / top goalscorer for a critical title run-in game would be livid with that, regardless of the circumstances. Their reaction was quite reserved compared to what happens around the game. No way anyone in football is just saying 'oh well, we'll miss you, go and earn your money...'. Of course you're going to be annoyed, and you're going to not want them to go. As it was, they let him go, but rightly he was dropped for the next game.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I was amazed how far Darlington have fallen!

Anyone remember being taken apart by them at gillingham..gabbiadini scoring for fun.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I would have thought that the owners could have found 5k down the side of their couch to keep their star striker playing. If he is that critical to their promotion push then he's worth keeping sweet. If he's a part timer then he has to earn a crust outside of his club.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
I think they said in the last episode Seddon was on £400 a week and was the best paid player. That's £21K a year assuming he is paid out of season.

The club might want commitment but theres not many of us that can turn down more money on those figures.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I would have thought that the owners could have found 5k down the side of their couch to keep their star striker playing. If he is that critical to their promotion push then he's worth keeping sweet. If he's a part timer then he has to earn a crust outside of his club.

Ah yes, but to their credit, that doesn't appear to be the way they want to do things.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Paul Scholes is an absolute star, no airs and graces about him.

Nicky Butt's contribution has been a little muted to date.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I think they said in the last episode Seddon was on £400 a week and was the best paid player. That's £21K a year assuming he is paid out of season.

The club might want commitment but theres not many of us that can turn down more money on those figures.
Imagine that he's on a pay as you play contract given that he had the freedom to make himself unavailable for a week. Totally understandable that he chose to miss a game to earn 5K.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here