Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
Needs to shed a pound or two....

_74763595_mmftbronaldopiece.png

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
Speaking from a position of utter ignorance as to the state of European football, and it's obvious that his talent is as massive as his super-sized ego, but isn't being that prolific in Spain the same as being brilliant in say Scotland? I'm not suggesting that the premier league here is the best league in the world, but mightn't it be harder to seemingly score at will as he and Messi seem to have done, here?

I'm not going down the sour grapes road; like I say, he is brilliant, but I can't imagine he'd score 4 or 5 as regularly against the likes of Stoke away on a rainy Monday evening...

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Speaking from a position of utter ignorance as to the state of European football, and it's obvious that his talent is as massive as his super-sized ego, but isn't being that prolific in Spain the same as being brilliant in say Scotland?

not sure thats really comparable, the quality in Spain is far better than Scotland, or many other leagues. its just that the top two there are a few steps above the standard. a bit like keeping just last years Chelsea and ManCity side and removing Arsenal, Spurs, Liverpool and ManU.

... mightn't it be harder to seemingly score at will as he and Messi seem to have done, here?

he scored nearly 1:2 goals a game from the wing, so he'd do pretty well here. no in the current ManU of course, but in a side full of other talent. theres the point, Real and Barca just have a ridiculous amount of talent.

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ;7139913 said:
His scoring record for United was pretty impressive

It was. Though after sleeping on it, my point is pretty ridiculous/redundant.

Greatest player in the world though? Zamora on his day might have something to say about that...

:albion2::albion2::albion2:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
I don't care how good at football he his, he is still, and probably always will be, a massive CJTC.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Ronaldo is a better all round player than Messi.

Better in the air, stronger weaker foot, quicker.

But although I think he is a better all round player, it does not mean I think he is the best.. weird i know

Both are incredible, it really is what type of player you like best, they are very different players.

There is no right or wrong with this one for me.

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
Ronaldo is a better all round player than Messi.

Better in the air, stronger weaker foot, quicker.

But although I think he is a better all round player, it does not mean I think he is the best.. weird i know

Both are incredible, it really is what type of player you like best, they are very different players.

There is no right or wrong with this one for me.

I do concur with what you are saying, however, in my opinion.

Messi is a better dribbler than Ronaldo.

Messi is also less greedy than Ronaldo and sets up more goals for his teammates. Regularly Messi can have 3 or 4 players trying to get the ball off him and he will be driving at the heart of a defence and will slip the ball to a teammate. Ronaldo does not do that (as much) and goes for his own glory.

Messi also does it in bigger games against tougher opponents (excluding World Cups which are just once in every 4 years one offs, Ronaldo has done little at WC's either). He has scored goals in at least 2 Champions League Finals (both v Man Utd). I can remember him getting a couple against Real Madrid in the CL semi's at the Bernebau. Domestically, games just do not get bigger than that.

Their overall scoring records are similar (just incredible around or more than 1 a game) without a shadow of a doubt they are the 2 best players in the world.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
No way is Ronaldo better than Messi.

Put 6 men in-front of Ronaldo and he'll whack it from 35 yards.

Put 6 men in-front of Messi and he''ll beat them all and even take it around the keeper.

Oct 25, 2003
i like it how people say things like 'ronaldo is FAR better than messi' or the other way round.

They're obviously a fairly similar standard. Certainly two of the best players of all time- for me who you prefer goes down to personal preference but you can't logically say that one is FAR better than the other

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
I think Messi is better, but personal preference and all that. Ronaldo is a more well rounded player, but I think Messi has a bigger impact on games. Messi is more of a team player, whereas with Ronaldo it's all about him.

Also... it doesn't surprise me that Ronaldo thinks he is better than Messi, in fact I'd be surprised if he didn't think that. He's obviously supremely confident in his own ability, his arrogance is there for all to see.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Messi is like the ultimate NATURAL footballer. Just born with brilliance and plays now as he probably did when he was 10.

Ronaldo has DEVELOPED himself into a MACHINE.

If you made the two go through DRILLS against one another, Ronaldo would win as a supreme athlete based on stats and physical abilities............but I'd have Messi. Odd.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here