Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The 26 happiest, healthiest and most crime free countries to live in

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
France is there ... a couple of places below the UK

I imagine the US scores quite badly in some areas: education and crime will probably push it down the list

The UK's 15th spot isn't too bad

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Beaten by the Germans again ffs and Norway at No 1 with a pint of beer at £7 ..... something fishy going on here.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Haven't lived in many of them but Australia, Japan and Taiwan were all great places to live for differing reasons, my Dad loves living in France and Hong Kong is one of my favourite places on earth.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Am I right that somewhere in Switzerland if you flush the toilet after 10 p.m. you are breaking the law and could face prosecution?

Shhh!!

Probably, but a male having hair that touches his collar in Singapore is illegal too., (or was until fairly recently).

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Yeah, coz the U.S. must be such a placid, crime free & non stressful place to chill out in, tolerating all minority groups and the disadvantaged
But it says "26 happiest, healthiest and most crime free countries to live in"

Obviously it has issues that you don't see to the same extent in other western nations, and falls down on the crime-free part - but honestly, as a relatively healthy, stable, democratic, are you sure that on average, it doesn't rank in the top 26 countries in the world? Seems like nonsensical political correctness to ignore the biggest developed western nation.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
But it says "26 happiest, healthiest and most crime free countries to live in"

Obviously it has issues that you don't see to the same extent in other western nations, and falls down on the crime-free part - but honestly, as a relatively healthy....

The US is 11th so it's scarcely way off the top. Apart from crime, I reckon it's the healthy part where it falls down.I think that US has a lower life expectancy than most Western countries. It also has, I believe, a relatively high infant mortality rate (by Western standards that is) and has incidence of obesity. I can't be bothered to look it up but am pretty sure that it falls down badly here.

The link to the full survey doesn't open so I can't see the details. The one I'm surprised about is Italy, i thought that was a country at ease with itself: thought that would be a top 20

EDIT: Finally got the survey opened and I was talking bollocks. The US is top for health but it does score poorly on safety and security

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The US is 11th so it's scarcely way off the top. I reckon it's the healthy part where it falls down.I think that US has a lower life expectancy than most Western countries. It also has, I believe, a relatively high infant mortality rate (by Western standards that is) and has incidence of obesity. I can't be bothered to look it up but am pretty sure that it falls down badly here.

The link to the full survey doesn't open so I can't see the details. The one I'm surprised about is Italy, i thought that was a country at ease with itself: thought that would be a top 20
I thought both France at the US had been missed completely, yet it turns out they're both there. I'll get my coat. :facepalm:

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Scandinavia is pretty great to live and work in. I've lived in Denmark and Sweden and visited Norway but, as has been pointed out, it can be a little...well..Dull.

They are comparatively tolerant people towards migrants but there is a growing undercurrent of racism and islamophobia as more and more Middle Eastern beardies turn up with their hands out.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Having looked at the full survey, there are some very odd things in it. We keep seeing the Asian education systems as example to aspire to, yet Taiwan, Singapore, Hong Kong, Japan, S Korea all perform relatively poorly in this section. That seems completely at odds with other rankings

And how is the UK more entrepreneurial than the US? The value of the start-ups in Silicon Valley probably dwarf the value of all the tech start-ups in Europe put together

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here