Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Spurs v Anderlecht tonight...memories of one of the great Euro finals

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Cracking second leg, that, a real rollercoaster. 6 mins left, Ardiles hits the bar from 2 yards out, the ball is cleared, back into the box and Roberts equalises. Danny Thomas misses his pen, then Tony Parks saves.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
One of the things that struck me watching that again was that when Thomas missed his penalty the whole ground starting singing his name. I think fans have got a bit harsher since.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It wasn't the worst pen either. Roberts, Thomas and Gary Stevens - it's not often you see three defenders in the five.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I mentioned this final to my son, he's 19, he had no idea who Anderlecht are let alone the game!

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
To anyone who fancies a football trip abroad I would strongly recommend Anderlecht. Great city, great fans, great stadium, great atmosphere. It's a proper big-city club, and for one I preferred the days when such clubs had an equal chance rather than today's scene dominated by the money of a few leagues.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I happened to be in Brussels in 1990 on a university field trip, and quite by chance was able to take in the top of the table clash between Anderlecht vs. KV Mechelen. A lot of flag-twirling, some camp chanting from the home fans and a thumping 3-0 win for the visitors led by Jonny Bosman. A most enjoyable day.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here