Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Is swearing going out of fashion?

Lush

Mods' Pet
Often in a group of people, or at work, I find myself the only person using the F-word. I blame it on the football :)

Is swearing going out of fashion, do you think?

Answer using a swear word of your choice - but also a genuine question....

Elvis

Mar 22, 2010
Viva Las Hove
Swearing is all the rage at my place of employment.

I work in a school.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Has it ever been "fashionable" to swear ??? I thought it was mainly illiterate people who had limited vocabulary that felt the need to swear profusely.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
Swearing just shows a lack of literacy as a result of a poor education. As for being fashionable? Maybe in Chav culture, failing that I really don't know.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Watched Gogglebox last night and commented on how there was so much gratuitous swearing, including young adults infront of their parents and vise-versa.

I can swear like a trooper and swear far too often, but I was brought up not to swear in front of women and of course children.

I fail sometimes, but not to even acknowledge how absolutely naff it is, shows that you have no style.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Often in a group of people, or at work, I find myself the only person using the F-word. I blame it on the football :)

**** knows

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Swearing just shows a lack of literacy as a result of a poor education. As for being fashionable? Maybe in Chav culture, failing that I really don't know.

Don't be so ****ing ridiculous.

A cleverly inserted swearword will enhance most conversations.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

If you ever feel the need to talk dirty, I'm happy to be a sympathetic ear..........

the wanderbus

Dec 7, 2004
pogle's wood
What a load of pompous old bollocks the " lack of literacy" and " poor education" comments are. I know plenty of university educated people , including some in highly respected professions that love a ****ing good swear up as much as the rest of us

Seagull58

In the Algarve
Jan 31, 2012
Vilamoura, Portugal
I swear like a trooper, even in front of my (grownup) kids. I'm university educated and have had a successful career in IT sales. It has always been fairly commonplace amongst my colleagues, although I probably outswear them all. I don't F***ing care what any pompous d***head thinks about it. It most definitely is not a sign of poor education.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here