Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Turbo Trainers

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
Oh God...they are the devil's exercise. I have one. I hate it.

Truly hate it.

Having it encourages me to go out on my bike when the weather suggests that I shouldn't.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Spawn of Satan.
I swapped my £100+ turbo for a bottle of beer.

There's no such thing as bad weather, just poor clothing.

cunning fergus

Jan 18, 2009
Does anyone use one? I want one, for MTB, but don't want to spend much more than £100.

I quite like this one:-

http://www.tredz.co.uk/.Tacx-T2600-...ign=Adwords&gclid=CNruseuZ98gCFcFAGwod3qoFWg#

Any thoughts?

I have a minoura, and got it to use when weather was bad, however it was boring, even with distraction of iPad/you tube spin sessions. The lack of data from the sessions was the worst as you can't determine improvements etc.

I have since progressed to an ifit exercise bike which ticks all those boxes and could not be happier.

PM me if you are interested in a second hand (barely used) minoura and training tyre.........

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Can you see a pattern forming?

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
The turbo trainer is really one of the worst inventions ever. Want to stay fit in the winter and don't like rain? Do something that isn't on a bike. Swimming, running, walking, aquarobics, weights, anything but use a turbo trainer.

Seriously though, man up and get out on your bike, maybe go to the other extreme and do some cyclocross.

2009-cyclocross-world-cup-roubaix-19-mud.jpg

kip

Aug 2, 2011
Man up you big girls bra strap ! If you ride all winter in the mud, you'll be much fitter and a better rider when it does dry out.:thumbsup: Make sure you clean your bike after every ride though, the mud will kill your bike very quickly!!:D

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Although there is one area turbo training does have the advantage in.

If you set yourself up in the 'box' room, upstairs, at the back of the house, statistics prove you are 6.74% less likely...

...to be run over by Bensgrandad.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Does anyone use one? I want one, for MTB, but don't want to spend much more than £100.

I quite like this one:-

http://www.tredz.co.uk/.Tacx-T2600-...ign=Adwords&gclid=CNruseuZ98gCFcFAGwod3qoFWg#

Any thoughts?

That's the one I've got, and I think it's bloody brilliant.

Regardless of what people on here say about them, I think they serve a purpose. I needed to do a lot of bike training one winter, and didn't fancy dealing with the rain, or slippery conditions, so I invested in one of these. I'm not bothered about not staying dry – I run in the rain a lot – but potentially preventing an injury was certainly worth it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here