Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I'll look after the skirt Pinkie Brown's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    It's always a competition as to which which naff drab town has the naffest D list celeb flicking the switch to light up an equally naff display of coloured bulbs wrapped around the High Street lamp posts. Last year, Peter Andre in Spalding was surely the runaway winner. Darren Huckerby in Norwich looks an early front runner this year.

Expect stories of 'heartbroken families' when a naff celeb is a no show too. Lindsay Lohan not turning up in Kettering a few years back will take some beating.
    "Zaha does not dive" said Hodgson.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

1 Not allowed!
      Fortunately, for councillors in town halls in crap places all across the country, years of X Factor and Britain's Got Talent continue to provide a rich seam of talentless, to be mined and dusted off for Christmas light ceremonies and provincial pantos for decades to come
      The lady has foolishly attempted to join the conversation with a wild and dangerous opinion of her own. What half-baked drivel! See how the men look at her with utter contempt.

0 Not allowed!
      Or boybands. Fortunate residents of Broadstairs in Kent have the privilege of nineties boyband 5ive switching on their lights.

Meanwhile, in Swindon, Aston Merrygold of some other boyband will be doing the honours, accompanied by somebody who used to be in EastEnders AND a CBeebies presenter. Triple glamour (Melinda Messenger must have been busy) https://www.totalswindon.com/enterta...hts-switch-on/
      The lady has foolishly attempted to join the conversation with a wild and dangerous opinion of her own. What half-baked drivel! See how the men look at her with utter contempt.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by edna krabappel View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Or boybands. Fortunate residents of Broadstairs in Kent have the privilege of nineties boyband 5ive switching on their lights.

Meanwhile, in Swindon, Aston Merrygold of some other boyband will be doing the honours, accompanied by somebody who used to be in EastEnders AND a CBeebies presenter. Triple glamour (Melinda Messenger must have been busy) https://www.totalswindon.com/enterta...hts-switch-on/
      Ive been lobbying for Christopher Biggins round our way ... There’s still so much quality around without these X Factor frauds.
      now my friends have gone,
      and my hair is grey,
      and I ache in the places that I used to play.

0 Not allowed!

Cant wait!!!!!!

singer-songwriter, Strictly Come Dancing star and member of former boyband JLS, Aston Merrygold will be switching on the lights........WOOOOO HOOOOO
      K55 BHA
      I'll look after the skirt Pinkie Brown's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Southport is going large to win the 'naff award' this year. A magnificent combination of former Liberty X singer Kevin Simm, 'Sonia,' (Britain's 1993 Eurovision entry) plus star of the show who as well as switch on the lights, will also 'sing' - Peter Andre. Good ol Pete is always a shoe in for Christmas Light gigs. Southport has truly set the standard.
      "Zaha does not dive" said Hodgson.

0 Not allowed!
      These were the Malaga Christmas Lights for the past 2 years, and I believe they have now sold them to Liverpool to have a complete new set up this year. Just to put you in the Christmas mood (you know you want to - anything's better than politics), you can have a look at the past;

I didn't say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you.

0 Not allowed!

She’s doing Lincoln.....

https://www.lincolnshirelive.co.uk/w...h-here-3410713
      Where have you put the f***ing biscuits??

0 Not allowed!
      I don't want to be starting RUMOURS....but I've heard it's a COMBO of Jay from 5ive and ONE of the Cheeky girls.
      The Bernie Taupin of the Football Chant world

Quote Originally Posted by Husty View Post
      Not the sharpest tool in the draw are you?

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Boroseagull View Post
      These were the Malaga Christmas Lights for the past 2 years, and I believe they have now sold them to Liverpool to have a complete new set up this year. Just to put you in the Christmas mood (you know you want to - anything's better than politics), you can have a look at the past;

I was in Ourense last Christmas, and the mayor, in an anti-austerity message, spent big on Christmas, and it was bloody lovely. He's to double the budget this year too, with a mad array of lights and performances. I'll be there for some of it. It makes such a difference. I'd then come home, waltz up the dreary Hornsey Rise and see a single, 5-bulb string of lights in 1-in-10 trees, and oddly enough my senses aren't enthralled and cheered at all by cheapness. Why can't councils budget a little bit for our happiness instead of it being seen as a sinful expense. Why can't they try and outdo each other for the spectacular. A dourness filters downwards.
      Milk, milk, lemonade
      Round the corner chocolate's made