Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Christmas Lights Switch On

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Not long to go now, ours in Lyme are next Thursday 12th, by none other than local celebrity Oliver Letwin.

:clap:

Looking for the date for Brighton lights switch on and it looks like another spectacular affair...

Brighton Christmas Lights Switched On - 19th November
Thursday 13th November sees the streets of Brighton’s shopping district alight with festive colour as the 2015 Christmas lights are turned on with a host of festive family fun to get everybody in the Christmas spirit. The event officially kicks of the start to Brighton’s Christmas Season, with celebrities Boy George and Antony Cotton doing the honours. There will also be a raffle for anyone turning up with prizes ranging from Premier League football tickets, to restaurant vouchers and even a trip to see Santa in his grotto! There will also be live music courtesy of Juice FM and an opportunity to get photos with Santa, Boy and Antony. The event starts at 6:30 and kicks off the Christmas Season for Brighton and Hove.

Read more: http://www.brightonholidayhomes.co.uk/blog/10-things-to-do-in-brighton-november/#ggixzz3qX7PfnuY3

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Announced in the local rag today ours are taking place on Thursday 14th November with prominent feminist Germaine Greer doing the honours and supported by the onthemarket.com choir singing Christmas carols and their crowd pleasing radio and TV jingle. Should be an absolute hoot.

[YT]szEfsQY7EcU[/YT]

https://youtu.be/szEfsQY7EcU

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Thursday November 14th for us as well.
Also announced the date for the 2020 switch on will be Thursday November 12th.
Sadly we have no news on which celebrity will be pressing the button.
The excitement is really starting to build up down here and I fully expect to see some council houses fully lit up any day now.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Thursday November 14th for us as well.
Also announced the date for the 2020 switch on will be Thursday November 12th.
Sadly we have no news on which celebrity will be pressing the button.
The excitement is really starting to build up down here and I fully expect to see some council houses fully lit up any day now.

It's Brian Conley and Rusty Lee in Plymouth this year.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
Can't help but think this is a case of premature cogitation although I totally get the unbridled levels of anticipation re which soap star will be selected to throw the switch!

Knocky's Nose

Mon nez est en Valenciennes..
May 7, 2017
Eastbourne
....and I fully expect to see some council houses fully lit up any day now.

Ahhh... the warm glow of the Christmas lights blending festively with the alien landing level brightness of the 77" 4K Ultra HD TV above the fireplace, casting a cheery light on the feckless faces gathered round.... :xmas:

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
In Cambridge, they don’t seem to have quite decided when they’re going to be turning on the lights this year. I’ve seen 14, 15, 17, and 18 November as the advertised date. One thing is consistent though: Jonnie Peacock is the “extra special celebrity” who will be throwing the switch(es), ably assisted by the Fulbourn Primary School choir and the “busker Tom Korni”.

Can’t wait.

I’m also looking forward to the switch on in Ely on 29 Nov (assuming the organisers can find the £10,500 extra sponsorship they need before 15 Oct which is apparently the deadline for purchasing all the lights and glitter they need).

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Heard on the grapevine that Hailsham can't afford Alec Scott. :angry: Price of fame, I suppose. No consolation when we have Jimmy "It's the way I tell 'em" Cricket doing the honours.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
We've got Noddy in Barnsley. Unfortunately Big Ears won't be there :down:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Holder? That's quite a coup.

???

Unfortunately not.

noddy-mini-cardboard-cutout-91cm-product-image.jpg

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Billericay announces Shrimpy from Eastenders.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Coventry have their fingers crossed for David Moorcroft again but that seems a stretch. But Blackpool are crowing that they have Bethany Platt from Corrie doing the illuminations.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here