Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Albion Roar... LIVE

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
The Albion Roar, in association with oldfootballshirts.com, is delighted to announce that it is hosting...

THE ALBION ROAR LIVE!

at The Rialto Theatre, Dyke Road, Brighton on Thursday 3rd December at 8pm.

Our guests will be two award-winning sports writers.

Paul Hayward is The Telegraph's Chief Sports Writer. He is a two-time winner of the prestigious Sports' Journalists Awards' 'Sports Journalist of the Year'. He rejoined the Telegraph in November 2011, after winning a series of awards for his work for the Daily Mail and the Observer.

Nick Szczepanik is a freelance sports journalist and writes for the Independent and Independent on Sunday as well as the Guardian. He has also been nominated for awards for 13 years in a row as a podcaster.

With Paul and Nick's collective experience of writing and broadcasting, the evening promises to be an informed, humorous view of the Albion chiefly, football specifically and all sports generally.

We will record a one-hour podcast for broadcast on Radio Reverb 97.2FM, followed by a short break, and either a second hour, and/or a Q&A session. All welcome.

Tickets are available from www.rialtotheatre.co.uk, and priced £7 / £5. If you wish to buy a ticket at the concessionary rate, call the Rialto Theatre Box Office on 01273 725230, and mention the code 'AR312'. This offer is not available on website purchases.

0.jpg hay_2123431b.jpg

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Good stuff lads. See you there. Hopefully I'll drag [MENTION=29192]Brighton Lines[/MENTION] out with me.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
The Albion Roar, in association with oldfootballshirts.com, is delighted to announce that it is hosting...

THE ALBION ROAR LIVE!

at The Rialto Theatre, Dyke Road, Brighton on Thursday 3rd December at 8pm.

Our guests will be two award-winning sports writers.

Nick Szczepanik is a freelance sports journalist and writes for the Independent and Independent on Sunday as well as the Guardian. He has also been nominated for awards for 13 years in a row as a podcaster.

With Paul and Nick's collective experience of writing and broadcasting, the evening promises to be an informed, humorous view of the Albion chiefly, football specifically and all sports generally.

Tickets are available from www.rialtotheatre.co.uk, and priced £7 / £5. If you wish to buy a ticket at the concessionary rate, call the Rialto Theatre Box Office on 01273 725230, and mention the code 'AR312'. This offer is not available on website purchases.

View attachment 69693
That's Alan Pardew?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
13 years of awards for podcasting? That is very impressive, considering podcasts only really got going around 2004-2005.

Eeyore

Lord Donkey of Queen's Park
NSC Patreon
Apr 5, 2014
13 years of awards for podcasting? That is very impressive, considering podcasts only really got going around 2004-2005.

Definitely happening for a good couple of years before. They started to take off about 2004.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Gutted I'm away for this; 2 of my fav' sports writers. I'll be looking out for the podcast.
If I could suggest a question. Is it just us fans (yes I know they are too) that feel as if we are really under-rated by certain media? Any credit we do get seems almost begrudging.
Mind you, on the flip side I'm very happy that we seems to be dismissed & are under the radar of such things as say Sky "FL72". I listen to that podcast purely to see what they have to say about us. Every week the tone seems to be that we are expected to fall away some time, before they wax lyrical about Boro, Derby, Burnley, etc.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Definitely happening for a good couple of years before. They started to take off about 2004.

Pretty much what I just said. I'm not doubting it, just saying it's impressive he got in that early.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here