Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Daryl horgan and Richie Towell

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Midfielder... hmmm... mention of a striker towards bottom of article...

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Looks exactly like Damian Duff apart from one crucial aspect - Duff always looked completely knackered after about 10 minutes,

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
So their season finishes after their game on Saturday? We could technically sign these players asap then I'm assuming as neither of them have signed new contracts for 2016. Bit of a gamble obviously but if we picked up a Kevin Doyle of old I wouldn't be complaining :whistle:

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
This will just be smokescreen as Tony is really lining up much higher calibre players.

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Why does a football season finish in November?

Was moved to a "summer" March/November season about ten years ago to try reduce competition for fans with English/Scottish matches on TV, ensure the Six Nations isn't at the important end of the season and so on. Has had some success with Friday evening matches during summer getting decent attendance and has also allowed far further progression in Europe as teams are playing the early games with half a season under their belt against teams just back in training. This is pretty much the only reason Shamrock Rovers got to a Europa group stage a few years back (and got tonked, losing all 6)

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Thank you sir.
Very informative.
So I guess if we were to sign a LOI player, they would need a bit of a rest.

BR1GHT0N

Sep 21, 2015
John Morling knows both of these players well, as they're pretty well known in the Irish game as Dundalk have won back-to-back league titles.

Remember Brian Lenihan? He was a player linked with us last summer, before joining Hull. The Irish connection was present here as well, except in this case, Lenihan was only 20 at the time, meaning that he could feature for the U21s (like he has done for Hull). Horgan, 23, and Towell, 24, would have to be over aged players if they were to join the club, as with respect to the lads, they're not going to walk into the first team.

With Towell linked to Bristol Rovers, I would say that this is more of a case of the Albion attempting to create some interest around the players, so Dundalk can get a bit of extra cash.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here