Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Strangely Elated

el punal

How I'm feeling at the moment. Ok, we've dropped to third place (only on goal difference mind) but the two games against Reading and Sheffield Wednesday have shown true character and determination within the team. Both of these fixtures were always going to be a big test as both of the sides are pretty much in-form and challenging for top 6 positions.

Well we have ridden the storm and come through safely. Our unbeaten record is intact and the doubters on the Reading and Sheffield Wednesday boards have at last acknowledged that we are not in a false position and that drawing against us was a fair and honourable result.

So onwards and upwards to Saturday, with a spring in my step and pride in my heart. Well done Chris and the boys for all your effort. :albion2:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Great post - I agree - happy seagull here too..

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Good post and i agree.

Sadly i cannot stop thinking about our poor striking depth.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I really think next transfer window will be good for us.

I also think we've hit our poor patch, but are still unbeaten. So, I'm well happy.
I agree, and I reckon we'll be getting a player or two in at the beginning of the window rather than waiting until transfer deadline day.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
2 wins in the last 8 and we're all still feeling positive.

One good striker away from squad completion.

You've got to feel sorry for Baldock and Hemed though, haven't you. They've played in nearly all of every game, every game that is, that has seen us unbeaten and at he top of the table (or near it) a third of the way through the season, yet their replacement is the first thing on everyone's minds! Must be a bit discouraging!

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
Completely agree. Nice to see a positive thread on here too.

Just read the Wednesday (lol!) forum's thread about the game and the majority were saying we're the best team they've played. This was without some of our best players and with the acknowledgement from all of us that we need another striker in January.

We're doing fine and I'm enjoying it.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
You've got to feel sorry for Baldock and Hemed though, haven't you. They've played in nearly all of every game, every game that is, that has seen us unbeaten and at he top of the table (or near it) a third of the way through the season, yet their replacement is the first thing on everyone's minds! Must be a bit discouraging!

They both need to start finding the back of the net.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

We're playing a 4-4-2 most weeks, but only 1 on the strikers has really contributed this season. Baldock at least had the excuse of being played out of position last season (and in a CACK team), but this season he's playing down the middle with a decent strike partner, yet still its not quite happening. Dare I say it, but he has a whiff of CMS about him. Plenty of workrate and endeavour, but precious little end product.

2 goals in 16 appearances for a striker playing in a team that's been top all season tells it own tale. So no, I don't feel sorry for Baldock at all. He needs to sort his life out.

bWize

Nov 6, 2007

At the end of the day they are there to score goals not really to keep an unbeaten run going... It's a shame as they are both more than capable but just doesn't really seem to be happening. What we need desperatly in the Jan transfer window is to really push the boat out a bit and get an out and out striker like Ross McCormack/Jordon Rhodes and probably a premium bulky attacking midfielder. Unfortunatly I think unless this happens we will finish in playoffs at best (due to lack of goals)

We aren't far away from reaching the promised land and Bloom really should gamble a bit in the transfer window, he's not going to get much more on a plate than it is right now! The reward well outweighs the risk this time around and we all know Tony likes a gamble...

Surely putting around 15-20mil chips into the pot to have a very good chance at winning 160 mil+ is worth a punt? The odds have never been so good!

Last edited:

Vankleek Hill Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Vankleek Hill, actually....

Why should we feel sorry for them? Their job is to get the ball in the back of the net and it would appear that they're not quite up to the task. Having listened to all of the games this season and watched a couple via live streams, shots are going all over the place and not on target. I've lost count how many times I've heard Johnny Cantor or Warren Aspinal referring to our players shanking the ball in any direction except towards the goal. Perhaps the statistics may prove me wrong, but I'll bet my comments aren't that far wide of the mark.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Good thread. Given what our pre-season recruitment was like, and the people we now have running this side of things inc CH, I have every confidence that they have already identified their targets and we'll see moves early in the window. Hemed and Baldock will still have a big part to play, but they need reinforcement (not replacement). Sadly I don't see BZ playing much more than an occasional impact sub role. We're auto promotion candidates with a quality finisher in the team, and still likely top 6 without. Quite remarkable given last season.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Forest's Cup Final on Friday.

They be doing everything to 'make the sheep cry'.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here