Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

MASSIVE kudos must go to Chris Hughton for getting the absolute MAXIMUM out of this squad

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
2 tough away games against 2 in form sides and we come away unbeaten.

Yes we all know that we are a quality striker short and I think we all expect the chairman to release funds in January to rectify this as well as add a further 2-3 quality additions to strengthen the squad but full credit to Chris Hughton, 16 games unbeaten and joint top moving into November. We couldn't ask for more.

Last edited:

Bring back Bryan wade!!

Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
We have two key players out injured, three if you think of Zamora as a key player, but still get an away point at a team that beat Arsenal just a week ago.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
We have two key players out injured, three if you think of Zamora as a key player, but still get an away point at a team that beat Arsenal just a week ago.

Absolutely TB. I have total confidence in Hughton.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
We've got to be positive with what we have. Brilliant if we strengths of course, but ridiculous to get obsessed by it at the expense of appreciating what we've got.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Quite. This squad would probably be in the bottom six under Hyppia.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
When we were winning games at the beginning of the season, the Bong - Lua Lua partnership was absolute class. So yes, CH has done very well without Lua Lua at first and now Bong. I think we can get 10 points as long as we score some goals as we've only got one in our last three games.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
He has organised the team everybody knows there job, yes we are a striker short of major achievement but hopefully one will sign in January. If we keep winning our home games and drawing away in the meantime we might just might have a cracking second half of the season. :bhasign:

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
He has organised the team everybody knows there job, yes we are a striker short of major achievement but hopefully one will sign in January. If we keep winning our home games and drawing away in the meantime we might just might have a cracking second half of the season. :bhasign:

I think the problem is getting a goal scorer it is creating better chances. Hemed isn't in the same league as BZ but the only real chance I think he has missed in the last few games was probably the header against Preston. With some better chances created I think he can chip in with a very usefull contribution to the goal tally. Very disappointed with Murphy's contribution Saturday. Yes he scored but it was simple tap in created by good work of others (including Hemed). He did nothing else of note. We didn't see any runs down the wing and crosses into the box.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I will say that it's easy to be appreciative of a 15 game unbeaten start to the season after two draws away to two decent in-form teams. Let's see what happens on here if we "slump" to fifth after drawing 0-0 at home to lowly MK Dons. (Not that I think it will happen of course, but if it does...)

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013

Exactly. Judging from what I read on here, I think it is fair to say that most folk thought we would lose one of the two recent away games, and if I am honest, I was half-expecting that as well. But we did not, and this despite injury worries, so credit to the team and management. We all know what is needed, and hopefully come January this will be rectified. Roll on Saturday and lets hope for 3 points and some goals at last from the strikers.

Hastings gull

Nov 23, 2013
I will say that it's easy to be appreciative of a 15 game unbeaten start to the season after two draws away to two decent in-form teams. Let's see what happens on here if we "slump" to fifth after drawing 0-0 at home to lowly MK Dons. (Not that I think it will happen of course, but if it does...)

This is quite true, of course, and if we are to draw away from home, then it is imperative that we do not slip up at home. The Preston game was very disappointing.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If we keep winning our home games and drawing away in the meantime we might just might have a cracking second half of the season. :bhasign:
The problem is, we're not winning our home games. 1 win in the last 3.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
back to 2 proper wide men at home on saturday should help.

I like Rosenior playing wide right away from home as he is far more solid defensively but still offers an attacking threat.
At home we need 2 genuine wide men on the pitch.

I wasnt in too much of a rush for a left back initially, but i think its essential over the international break so we can get back to using Rosenior on the right when we are away from home.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
Great thing about hughton is when he picks the team, or makes changes, i always think ' i can see why he's done that'.
Even under Poyet i remember seeing the team sheet, and thinking 'This game will definitely be boring and we'll probably lose....'. And that would be the case

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I like Chris Hughton. He does what he thinks is right. He doesn't risk much either. He's not very reactionary and he knows that this is a long old season and all of these points we're picking up are decent points when you take a step back.

My prediction for the season is this...

- We will lose to a team we shouldn't lose to
- Everyone on NSC will lose their minds.
- We'll remain around the top 5-6 come Christmas
- Tony will go LARGE on a striker
- We will SOAR into the promised land

Or... we'll **** it all up and finish 12th

:albion:

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Considering the knocks and suspensions to key players we've done very well. I'm really happy with how CH is doing and remain extremely optimistic.

It's nice to see threads like this, as I'm sure it won't be long before we see certain posters claim that 'the jury's out' on CH and that he sets up 'too negatively'. This, despite the fact we're playing (when injuries allow) two out and out wingers.

I'm a happy bunny.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here