Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Remain unbeaten but not get promoted

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Possibly, but extremely unlikely. We are still over 2pts a game though which as we all know, gets you promoted

scooter1

How soon is now?
Whilst remaining unbeaten is nice, our lack of goals resulting in wins is a worry. We've been doing very well so far, but just looking at tonight's bench exposed little quality depth. Taking off Hemed after 60 mins at nil nil could hardly be seen as ambitious

northstandsteve

Oct 9, 2003
Hove
I expect we are working hard on deals for completion beginning of January not the end. i don't fear the fixture list compared to when they were released in June. 3 home games in next 4 is a key period, 10 points, possible . If Bobby is injured for more than a couple of games, will Hughton go to the loan market. Unbeaton in 8 away is a big improvement on last season, and home form now improved. Home form will be key to potential promotion. Can't see MK parking the bus on saturday, they don't play that way. 3 points going into 2 week break, gives us a chance to re-charge and review what loans if any are needed.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Didn't we win League 2 in 2002 with a series of 1-0 wins? We've got the meanest defence in the Championship, so we don't need to score loads.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Whilst remaining unbeaten is nice, our lack of goals resulting in wins is a worry.

If you are hell bent on seeing us promoted then yes. It is a worry. However, we have now equalled in unbeaten record in the league set in the 30s (apparently). It is our best start to a season ever and we seem to have developed an absolute phobia about losing. We are now as near as dammit a third of the way through the season and right up in the mix. I am absolutely loving this season and simply refuse to pick through the slight downsides that might be there.

For what it is worth, I suspect you are right and that we don't have enough goals in us to get promoted automatically. I would like to think that being defeated so rarely would be enough to see us into the playoff zone by season's end and I would still consider that an absolute triumph regardless of the outcome. Given where we have come from last season this season remains simply superb.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
I expect we are working hard on deals for completion beginning of January not the end. i don't fear the fixture list compared to when they were released in June. 3 home games in next 4 is a key period, 10 points, possible . If Bobby is injured for more than a couple of games, will Hughton go to the loan market. Unbeaton in 8 away is a big improvement on last season, and home form now improved. Home form will be key to potential promotion. Can't see MK parking the bus on saturday, they don't play that way. 3 points going into 2 week break, gives us a chance to re-charge and review what loans if any are needed.

We`re Brighton Hove Albion we don`t need strikers:albion2:

Honky Tonx

Jun 9, 2014
Lewes
Don't panic. Get two decent streakers in then we will cruise this division.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Remain unbeaten but not get promoted

Remain unbeaten would get us into the play-offs, though. And then we'd have to be beaten not to go up.

Discodoktor

Apr 28, 2011
Guildford
If we win on Saturday to celebrate our record breaking streak and show our appreciation to the team.

everyone should run on the pitch streaking!

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
I would rather lose the odd game 3-0 then win the next game, as that means more points on the board rather than all these respectable draws

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I was going to start a thread about Huddersfield in 2010-11 when they finished behind both us and Southampton despite going 20 games undefeated (12 wins and 8 draws).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here