Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tom Graveney.

TomandJerry

Oct 1, 2013
"Former England cricketer Tom Graveney has died at the age of 88.

An elegant batsman, Graveney played 79 Tests for England, scoring 11 centuries at an average of 44.38.

He scored more than 47,793 first-class runs - including 122 hundreds - in a career that stretched from 1948 to 1972 and included spells at Gloucestershire, Worcestershire and Queensland.

After retiring, he became a BBC commentator and served as president of the MCC in 2004-05."

R.I.P

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
RIP Tom. Bloody good cricketer and I also enjoyed his expert summarising - was around a lot when I was a cricket-mad youngster (Botham era).

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
In my list of the most "graceful" or "stylish" English batsmen of all time, Tom Graveney is in the top 3 with David Gower and someone else...

R.I.P.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
In my list of the most "graceful" or "stylish" English batsmen of all time, Tom Graveney is in the top 3 with David Gower and someone else...

R.I.P.

Frank Woolley was meant to be pretty stylish.

Agree totally about Graveney, a class act in every way. I remember his England comeback when he was 40 (or very near 40), always looked at ease at the crease.

He was also really helpful to Basil D'Oliveira when he was starting out in England and firm supporter of him against the cricket establishment. A great cricketer, great commentator, great administrator ... great guy

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Frank Woolley was meant to be pretty stylish.

Agree totally about Graveney, a class act in every way. I remember his England comeback when he was 40 (or very near 40), always looked at ease at the crease.

He was also really helpful to Basil D'Oliveira when he was starting out in England and firm supporter of him against the cricket establishment. A great cricketer, great commentator, great administrator ... great guy

Apparently 24 tests (4 tons) after his 39th birthday......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here