Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The unbeaten run may not be that important in the end

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Brighton were unbeaten in 17 games in the 1987/1988 season in all competitions, when sneaking into the playoffs with the last kick of the game that season, still a club record.

Barry Lloyd had a couple of good seasons and a few bad seasons as Brighton manager over all if I remember correctly.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Brighton were unbeaten in 17 games in the 1987/1988 season in all competitions, when sneaking into the playoffs with the last kick of the game that season, still a club record.

Barry Lloyd had a couple of good seasons and a few bad seasons as Brighton manager over all if I remember correctly.

Er, you're wrong.

87/88 we sneaked into the top two.

1991 was when we sneaked into the play-offs after very nearly f*cking it up.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Er, you're wrong.

87/88 we sneaked into the top two.

1991 was when we sneaked into the play-offs after very nearly f*cking it up.
Yep sorry you are correct.

I guess we will be happy with top 2

End of thread

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'd rather we'd been beaten in one of the games we've drawn and had won two of the other games we've drawn :shrug:

This unbeaten run is turning into a monkey on our backs as it encourages other teams to raise their games against us to be the first to beat us..

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I'd rather we'd been beaten in one of the games we've drawn and had won two of the other games we've drawn :shrug:

This unbeaten run is turning into a monkey on our backs as it encourages other teams to raise their games against us to be the first to beat us..

I don't think Wednesday need any motivation at the moment. Their confidence is sky high, in any case. They beat Arsenal, don't you know.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I don't think Wednesday need any motivation at the moment. Their confidence is sky high, in any case. They beat Arsenal, don't you know.

Couple that with the fact that we have never won there and that they will definitely be up for being he first to beat us AND the fact that they have plenty of goal scorers and are in a rich vein of form I'll be delighted if we come back with a point,..I don't see that we have much chance of a win. Hoping for a BIG surprise :thumbsup:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I've just done the school pickup and bumped in to my mate who's a QPR fan. He was asking how many league games we'd gone unbeaten. When they went up automatically they had an 18 match unbeaten streak which allowed them to have a wobble around Christmas and still go up. It's very important IMO.

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill

I know what you mean. Burgess Hill had that last season all the way until the end of March!

Discodoktor

Apr 28, 2011
Guildford
Very important.

Some teams will try harder to beat us.
Some teams will take a draw.
Some teams will feel less bad about losing to us.

In the meantime we pick up points every game. I take that for as long as it lasts.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Liam Rosenior says the unbeaten run is pushing the team to get a result albeit a draw sometimes but we are still ahead of the win at home draw away to win the league formula. Even if we lose this evening.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I've long thought that the most decisive game this season will be the one that follows our first defeat, assuming of course that we ever have one.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
I've just done the school pickup and bumped in to my mate who's a QPR fan. He was asking how many league games we'd gone unbeaten. When they went up automatically they had an 18 match unbeaten streak which allowed them to have a wobble around Christmas and still go up. It's very important IMO.

19 matches unbeaten.
At that time they were 8 points clear of third place.
This season is much closer, so it's even more important.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I've long thought that the most decisive game this season will be the one that follows our first defeat, assuming of course that we ever have one.

Yep this. Be interesting to see how the team and CH bounce back. Whilst CH has done a fantastic job part of me thinks will he revert to the caution football that was prevalent at the back end of last year which I why partly the jury is out for me.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Couple that with the fact that we have never won there and that they will definitely be up for being he first to beat us AND the fact that they have plenty of goal scorers and are in a rich vein of form I'll be delighted if we come back with a point,..I don't see that we have much chance of a win. Hoping for a BIG surprise :thumbsup:

And you have forgotten the most important fact,

THEY ARE MASSIVE

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here