NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Moved to other place at 16:53.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
the following bit interests me...

“The decision to discontinue these charges has been taken because there is not enough evidence to provide a realistic prospect of conviction.”

If it's her twitter account and she hasn't said she's been hacked at any point... how much more evidence do the CPS need??? That's not saying they should prosecute, just that not having enough evidence is utter crap. They could have said "it's not in the public interest", or "because of the publicity, we haven't got the balls to follow this through it case one us loses our job"... but lack of evidence is just rubbish.

[AGAIN: I repeat.... I'm not saying they should prosecute, just that this statement is ridiculous]

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot
I don't get it. She looks ... white?

I completely understand her asking white men not to attend a session meant for ethnic minority women, the only thing that annoys me is the comment that she can't be racist or sexist due to being an ethnic minority woman. I am assuming that the mention of racism describing structures of privildge etc. is somewhere deep in the depths of the law?

Paul Reids Sock

Nov 3, 2004
Paul Reids boot

“The decision to discontinue these charges has been taken because there is not enough evidence to provide a realistic prospect of conviction.”

If it's her twitter account and she hasn't said she's been hacked at any point... how much more evidence do the CPS need??? That's not saying they should prosecute, just that not having enough evidence is utter crap. They could have said "it's not in the public interest", or "because of the publicity, we haven't got the balls to follow this through it case one us loses our job"... but lack of evidence is just rubbish.

[AGAIN: I repeat.... I'm not saying they should prosecute, just that this statement is ridiculous]

It all seems a bit weird doesn't it?

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Whilst I applaud the CPS for not continuing with this particular conviction (waste of time and money), the thought process behind the quote below is wholly misguided;

“I, as an ethnic minority woman, cannot be racist or sexist towards white men, because racism and sexism describe structures of privilege based on race and gender,”

Silly bint.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

More to the point how is it different to Liam Stacey who was jailed for 56 days over his Muamba tweets?

The writer and libertarian in me doesn't want either of them prosecuted. However, the bit of me that despairs at inconsistent football refereeing is incandescent at this. A red card offence is a red card offence.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

It's possible the tweet was deleted and nobody had a screenshot.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
This novel premise that minorities cannot be racist, or women cannot be sexist, needs to be stamped out. It's a dangerous and worrying idea that I've heard a few times in recent years. It seems to be a concept that was invented by sociologists in the states and has been imported to the UK.

If a group of Bangladeshi youths attack a Chinese kid, making reference to his race, is this not racism?

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
More to the point how is it different to Liam Stacey who was jailed for 56 days over his Muamba tweets?

The writer and libertarian in me doesn't want either of them prosecuted. However, the bit of me that despairs at inconsistent football refereeing is incandescent at this. A red card offence is a red card offence.

Indeed. As a left winger myself I fully support the drive for equality. I cannot understand how we can continue the march to sexual and racial equality if we then allow complete and utter freedom for one party to discriminate freely against another party. How does open female to male discrimination (or black to white or asian to white) help resolve inequality?

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
This novel premise that minorities cannot be racist, or women cannot be sexist, needs to be stamped out. It's a dangerous and worrying idea that I've heard a few times in recent years. It seems to be a concept that was invented by sociologists in the states and has been imported to the UK.

This is the dictionary definition of racism:

rac·ism
ˈrāˌsizəm
noun
the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics or abilities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races.

Now, unless I am mis-reading it then I see no clear reason why the act of racism cannot be adopted by any race TO any other race?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Then who made a complaint?? Somebody must have decided it was offensive and taken, something to the Police to make an allegation.

The article said she was accused of tweeting that hashtag. Maybe they hadn't kept a screenshot of it? Who knows?

smillie's garden

Am I evil?
Aug 11, 2003

The Crown Prosecution Service is not saying this isn't evidence, it is saying that this evidence alone would not be enough to get a conviction. The subtext of this, IMO, is an admission that Ms. Mustafa's statement about racism and sexism is based in reality, and that a hashtag from a white male that said killallall[insert racial/gendered epithet] would be qualitatively different to her tweet, which IS offensive, but comes out of a reaction to racism/sexism, rather than being verifiably racist/sexist itself.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
She's white though..

11745331_10155902899095094_1584492348563342400_n.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here