Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Trains via Worthing Sat 7th Nov

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Maybe worth checking out , possible bus replacement service according to a muffled announcement at Brighton station .

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Makes a change it isn't the London line.

The Sock of Poskett

The best is yet to come (spoiler alert)
Jun 12, 2009
Sorry GB :( probably be quicker via bus :)

Pick up points for bus to the Amex? Outside Worthing Station? Direct to Amex or do you have to change somewhere?
#bus dunce :dunce:

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
Pick up points for bus to the Amex? Outside Worthing Station? Direct to Amex or do you have to change somewhere?

Have a look at Seagulls Travel for info on direct buses to the Amex from stops between Worthing and Brighton. The buses that will run in lieu of the train will only go as far as Brighton. Whether Seagulls Travel are laying on more buses in light of the engineering work, I have no idea.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

I've only got to make it from Portslade so will definitely be bussing it. From Worthing you could get the 700, I think Easy Ten confirmed they take travel vouchers. Quick bus service straight along the seafront, change at Churchill SQ then train from Brighton. Must be a Seagulls Travel coach or two from that way.

One thing I will be avoiding is the rail replacement buses. Imagine they'll be rammed from Lancing or even before.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold

The 700 runs direct from Worthing Bus Garage, (opposite the Pier), change at Palmeira Square to a 25 to the Amex. Frequent services, free of charge with your match ticket.

Or of course consult the Seagulls Travel website for direct coach links from Worthing to the Amex. You will have to pay if you take this option though.

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom
A cursory glance at Seagulls Travel shows it's just over £10 return per person. That seems ridiculously overpriced. I'd definitely go with [MENTION=616]Guinness Boy[/MENTION]'s suggestion of the 700. The rail replacement buses will be stupidly full/impossible to get on.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The 700 runs direct from Worthing Bus Garage, (opposite the Pier), change at Palmeira Square to a 25 to the Amex. Frequent services, free of charge with your match ticket.

Or of course consult the Seagulls Travel website for direct coach links from Worthing to the Amex. You will have to pay if you take this option though.

Yep this, forgot it cuts up in to town at The Drive.

KJP

Mar 2, 2011
Goring-by-Sea
Going to give seagulls travel a go, my dad has to go to work at 6 and we usually get back about the same time as the coaches so it's the safer bet

el punal

For those of you travelling from Hampshire by train, suggest that you catch the 10.13 from Southampton, which turns left after Barnham, up the Arun line, to Three Bridges, change there for connection down to Brighton, arriving at 12.45. Not as disastrous as it might have been (i.e. catching buses) and still the same fare as normal. If you do Southampton - Clapham Jct - Brighton, expect to pay more as it's South West Trains. I thank you.

For those of you travelling from Hampshire by train, suggest that you catch the 10.13 from Southampton, which turns left after Barnham, up the Arun line, to Three Bridges, change there for connection down to Brighton, arriving at 12.45. Not as disastrous as it might have been (i.e. catching buses) and still the same fare as normal. If you do Southampton - Clapham Jct - Brighton, expect to pay more as it's South West Trains. I thank you.

Or, unless you particularly want to go into Brighton, get an Eastbourne train at TB and change for Falmer at Lewes.
Please make sure my normal seat is vacant at Billingshurst btw (thinks - must get Bognor-Victoria train to avoid Pantshire riff-raff).

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Wouldn't happen in Germany

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here